I found this: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11204550

Based on this study it appears once you start going over the 1g mark you start to get into a dangerous area. seeing the rate of coma over 1.5g I would definitely avoid a dose larger than that. This of course will vary from person to person based on tolerance, age, health, weight. I do have to say I am very surprised by the people who are taking 250mg to 300mg for long periods, you may be doing fine with it at the moment but I think there are going to be some serious long term effects.

Need to correct this, i screwed up the dosage from the study, what I mean are the people taking 20 to 40, 50mg pills, which would be roughly 1000mg to 2000mg, once you start going over the 1000mg mark you start risking problems.

Let your regret go. You couldn't have given him 3900x the love you already did. He wanted to go.
Some of us, our brains work differently. He wanted to go and now is in peace. He loves you. His brain was born different. You couldn't with all you have, changed this outcome.
I promise. He wants you to give him and yourself leave.

****peace: not leave

You can definitely build up a tolerance to it over time, the highest I've ever taken was 26 of the 50mg store brand unisom gel tabs. Which is 1,300mg total, and since I had built up a tolerance I was okay. It was horrible though, I felt like I was a million pounds, I couldn't walk or move to save my life, and I kept catching myself responding to people that weren't there, like I was hearing people saying things and asking me questions clear as day. I was so out of my mind that I couldn't figure out what was real and what wasn't. The first time I ever attempted suicide I had taken 23 Benadryl(575mg total) and no longer than 45 minutes later I had a seizure and needed resuscitated. 6 months later I was taking a handful of diphenhydramine every single night. I attempted suicide two more times after this, once I had taken 30 Benadryl(750mg) which caused another seizure. But my third attempt which was 20 50mg unisom(1000mg) almost took my life. I went to throw up in the bathroom because all of a sudden I felt extremely sick which had never happened before so I went it, locked the door behind me just because it was a habit, and I was only in there for a few minutes before my mom began hearing constant rumbling right above her head and walked upstairs to yell at my brother and I expecting us to be running around or something. Nothing in the world could've prepared her for what she was going to see after picking the lock to the bathroom after not getting a response from me through the door from asking what I was doing. By the time she got in I was ice cold, my skin was blue, I had foamed at the mouth, and I was laying there lifeless. The paramedics were called and by the time they got to me I was only breathing twice a minute if I was lucky. I was gone. I was taken to the hospital, dozens of tests were run trying to figure out what happened and they didn't know to test me for diphenhydramine and it's not checked in the routine tox-screen they're required to do. So no one knew until I confessed to my mom what had happened. I tried once more around 4 months after this because I thought I had hit rock bottom before and boy was I wrong.. I choked down 26 of those 50mg unisom(1,300mg) while I was completely home alone for the whole night and laid there waiting to die. Nothing happened. I failed once again but this time my body didn't even start to shut down at all. It was the worst mind and body feeling I've ever experienced in my life. It's truly different for every individual person and everyone reacts differently. It's so inconsistent and unpredictable. I had been taking 300mg all the way up to that 1,300 and everything in between every night between a 14month span and went too far 4 times total out of that time all at different amounts. There's no simple cut and dry threshold amount like there is with a lot other medicines when it comes to trying to get a "high" whether it's otc or perscription. Be careful especially if you've never tampered with it before, the mg amount that your body can take without overdosing will be significantly lower in that case!

He is not telling the truth went to ICU 3 years back took 100 pills of 25 mg and drank about 15 shouts I should be dead

I used to pop 12 25mg tablets a night souly for intense hallucinating. I stopped after my kidneys started aching badly. Last night I popped 8 of them trying to sleep and I started hallucinating bad demons in the dark and an Erie feeling of death coming upon me for my heart was tripping out. It all stopped as I came down off it after about 4 hours. I do not recommend taking more than 4-6 but even 6 is a bad idea unless you've been popping them every night. P.s. you definitely will see people you know personally that are not there and they will have conversations with you until you turn back around to find them disapated.

I am 33 130lbs female I just wanted to go to sleep for two days had the worst day of my life so I took a yellow round Xanax, 4 25mg benadryl capsules, and 2 Tylenol pm. All I felt was loopy. Then my ex and I got into another fight and I jus wanted to go to sleep. So I took 4 more benadryl and 3 Tylenol pm. Today I'm all shaky sick to my stomach and have a migraine can barely concentrate. I'm looking for answers do I need to go see my Dr or er ? I'm jus wondering thanks

I almost died after 525 mg, don't do this kids

I am not a dr or professional in any sense, I would just like to tell my story! At the early age of 14, I started having severe signs of anxiety. As most people who suffer from anxiety, I also had allot of trouble falling asleep and staying asleep! I thought it was somewhat normal, and never talked to my parents or a doctor about my symptoms. I just dealt with it day to day. One day I had an allergic reaction. My mother gave me a Benadryl, it eased my reaction symptoms, but also made me really tired! After realizing that all I had to do was take one little pill, and I would be able to sleep with no problem at all, I started taking it more and more often until I got to the point where I was taking it every night! After a while of taking one pill a night, my body became immune to that dosage, and required more of the medication to put me asleep. After 2 years of taking it every night and eventually taking up to 6 every night, I then found that they sell the same active ingredient in Benadryl as "sleep aid"! I am
Now 25 years old. I have taken maximum strength (50 mg) tablets every night. At one point..( I'm ashamed and embarrassed to even admit) I was taking up to 23 50mg tablets every night. I've never been hospitalized for it. The worse symptoms I've ever experienced while taking that massive amount of medication include, tremors, increased heart beat, nausea, extreme lack of ability to pay attention or keep up and remember conversations or television shows,restless leg syndrome, extreme urge to move and use my muscles, extreme sleepiness but my body feels like it has to be in motion. Sometimes the medication would make me so exhausted to the point that I was 100% unable to fight it, but every time I fell asleep or dosed off, my body would jerk and twitch so badly that I was unable to completely fall asleep. The absolute WORSE symptom of them all was the last symptom that I listed/explained. It's miserable. You can't escape it. Your mind and heart want to do nothing else but sleep. But your body wants to do nothing but move And use its muscles. Another symptom that I have had on multiple occasions after taking the sleep aid, was as soon as the medication would start to work I would feel the need to make a bowl movement. Sometimes I did go to the restroom and I did make a bowl movement. Other times I would go to the restroom and attempt to make a bowl movement but never prevailed. It just gave me the urge to push try to pass. I DO NOT recommend anyone ever try taking that many mgs of sleep aid; ESPECIALLY if your body is not use to that amount. And if you haven't been taking the medicine for a long period of time and you body hasn't grown immune to that much medicine. I've never had any kind of hallucinations, or have never physically hurt myself by taking that medicine (besides throwing up occasionally and restless legs/body/muscles)!! Even tho I have never overdosed or hurt myself by taking that amount of medicine does not mean that it will be the same for you. It also doesn't mean that I will never overdose. The maximum amount of mg I have ever takin at one time is 1150 mgs. But this is just my experience. Every medication is different for everybody.

I tried to take extra once - I took 6 of the OTC dosage, which is 25 mg each (so 150 mg total) and it dried me up so badly, I had trouble breathing; it was like my lungs were all dried up and I kept coughing and coughing. Definitely be careful.

It would take ALOT of it to overdose. I take (10) 25mg tablets about every 8 hours EVERY day. So far no side effects. Just a slight sense of euphoria that goes away quickly. The only side effect I've ever experienced is a bit of heartburn that went away with 2 Prilosec tablets.

I thought you said you never got treatment? and then you said you went to the doctor. Sounds like a made up story.

You are a liar.

You literally gave the most unhelpful, generic answer possible. Yes, there is and overdose rate, but I don't have the numbers handy. Twice the recommended dose is fine. The worst you'll get from that is excessive drowsiness. With benadryl/diphenhydramine, don't worry about missing a dose. It's not a drug that builds up in the bloodstream over a long time, and doesn't need a consistent blood level. It's fine to just use as a PRN. If you miss a dose, just continue on as always. You'll be fine.