I was one of those people who think that the best sedative is complete silence and dark in the room but now I know better. I have tried everything to override my insomnia. I have even change the door on my bedroom, put some cotton balls in my ears and tried to sleep with music but I had to admit that I need some medication. So, there I was at the doctor's ordination. He told me to take those medication that contain Diphenhydramine Citrate and that it is better then Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride. What is the difference between Diphenhydramine Citrate and Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride?

Only reason I could think of because of which he recommended you Dipnenhydramine Citrate over Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride is that citrate is form of salt which is more rapidly absorbed in the body than the hydrochloride salt. They are both salts and they have different properties such as solubility. It can contribute to the stability of the drug, but generally in marketed products there is no difference between them.