I am 16 I love in lousiana. I want to know if i could get an abortion without consent. It was my first time and I believe I am pregnant. I do not want to tell my parents because I don't know what might happened

Hello Deomeon

Unless you missed periods or visited a healthcare provider who has examined you for pregnancy, it is pointless to panic. In any case here is more information about state laws in Lousiana.

Restrictions on Abortion

In Louisiana, the following restrictions on abortion were in effect as of November 1, 2014:

• Abortion would be banned if Roe v. Wade were to be overturned.
  • A woman must receive state-directed counseling that includes information designed to discourage her from having an abortion and then wait 24 hours before the procedure is provided. Counseling must be provided in person and must take place before the waiting period begins, thereby necessitating two separate trips to the facility.
  • Health plans that will be offered in the state’s health exchange under the Affordable Care Act may not provide coverage of abortion.
  • The use of telemedicine for the performance of medication abortion is prohibited.
  • The parent of a minor must consent before an abortion is provided.
  • Public funding is available for abortion only in cases of life endangerment, rape or incest.
  • A woman must undergo an ultrasound before obtaining an abortion; the provider must show and describe the image to the woman.
    • Louisiana law requires at least one parent has to consent to a minor having an abortion. Minors may get judicial bypass from the parental involvement/consent requirement. Another exception to this consent is if there is a medical emergency.
    • Parental involvement/consent is required for minors to choose to place their child for adoption.
    • The Child Custody Protection Act prohibits minors from having an abortion without parental consent in a state that does not require such consent-if the minor resides in a state that has this requirement. It also forbids taking a minor to another state to have an abortion in cases of incest, abuse and rape. An exception is when an abortion may be medically necessary to save the life of the pregnant minor.
    Hope this helps. Good luck