Hi. I am new on the board and don`t know how to start. I have lost an interest in life. I am bored all the time and I have no energy. I suffer from headaches and I could sleep forever. My memory and concentration are pretty poor. I feel very depressed. What to do? Maybe I should start taking antidepressants? What do you think? Anybody?

Hi. Welcome to the board. I am also very depressed and am on Prozac (I suffer from panic attacks). I have to say all anti depressants are effective, but some are better for different combs of symptoms than others. If one doesn`t work for you, try another. You have Elavil, Aventyl, Norpramin, Vivactil, Prozac, Paxil, Zyban, Wellbutrin, Effexor (treats depression with anxiety), Serzone, etc. Mao Inhibitors are one of the oldest antidepressant drugs. You must remember every drug has its` side effects.