hi - i'm very new to all of this...first time poster and all.
my doctor has suggested that i take topomax along w/ wellbutrin to help out my depression (along with some other things). i've never taken either of the pills, for that matter any pills at all and am VERY concerned about the risks, side effects & most everything else.
I would like to take steps towards bettering myself but am scared to do so.
Can the two pills be mixed? Has anyone on here taken the combination, if so any feedback/help would greatly be appreciated.

thanks - concerned but willing to give a try person.

Hi there,
I've been taking wellbutrin and topamax together now for going on a year for depression and migraine prevention. I'm not a doctor, but I trust my internist and this combination has helped me significantly with migraine prevention and is the first drug for depression I've taken that didn't have sexual side effects. Getting used to topamax took several weeks. Soda tasted flat for a while longer than that, even. Overall, the side effects I've noticed have been outnumbered by the benefit of feeling better with depression and less migraines.
Good luck!

i took both of them together along with lexapro. i felt great while i took them, however after about 7 months my hair started coming out in handfuls. my mother's did as well who was also on it. i also had bad stomach pains on the topamax. other than that i loved everything about it. i did stop taking all of these due to my hair loss. i have recently gone back to medication which is cymbalta. so far so good - i'm on my 5th week. good luck and hope this helps.
ps- you will loose alot of weight on topmax, be careful.

Hey I am in your boat!!!! I just got this "cocktail" prescribed for me yesterday!!! I am on line looking for any and all info I can find and I am thinking the side effects sound worse than depression!!!! Good luck to you!!!

Hi, I have been taking both. They have helped me tremendously. I have a lot less migraines, and they are a lot less severe when I do get them. The wellbutrin is wonderful for my depression. I suggest you give the combo a try and if you notice any bad side effects .I have had none..Praise The Lord!, then I would call your Dr. But I would not be worried about getting any. It really has been a great combo for me. Don't give up!!! Tomorrow may be the day God heals you!! Love in CHRIST, Jennifer

I have been working to try to find the right combination of meds. I am on Topamax for migraine prevention and Wellbutrin and Cipralex for Depression, Anxiety, and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. According to both my neurologist and family doctor, this is a well-suited combination of drugs and they all work well together. The hardest part is waiting trough the discouraging time while you before they kick in. :-S

Hi all .. I'm new to the welbutrin & topamax combo pack. It is my under standing that the Topamax enhances the the welbutrin's abilities. I have post tramtic stress and suffer from depression. the welbutrin works perfect for me. OMG the Topamax is a gwad send for my killer Head aches.. But I head noticed if you miss a dose, I get a dull head ache.
As for lowered white cell counts....some of us already have low white cell counts.. your Docters are supposta montior WBC aleast once a month.
All the other side effects for me are minimal so far.
It seems when your ILL the world becomes more about trial and error. Heres to hope, that this is the combo that works and If I lose a few pounds thats ok too.. And my hair well I'm gunna need a wig collection any how!

Hi.... I've been on 200 mg of topamax and 40 mg of prozac for many years.They both have helped. For the last 5 years 200 mg of wellbutrin was added and the combination has worked very well for depression. I'm trying to find something that will help with my fibro pain, so cymbalta has just been added and I'm decreasing the wellbutrin by 100 mg. I still have alot of pain, but my mood is good, Keep you chin up!!! I've had depession for 34 years and this is the 1st time I've ever wrote about it.

It worked great for me for years but i had to stop the wellbutrin because I wasn't sleeping.

I am about to try cipralex with the topomax.

my girlfriend started taking lexapro and wellbutrin about 2 months ago. she has changed in ways i never thought were possible. caught her with another guy. she laughed at me and was milicious. it has to be meds. please help.

I have taken both topamax for migraines and wellbutrin for depression. I did lose weight very easily but the hair loss is horrible! I found that it is less when I do not mix the two. I've recently stopped taking the topamax and have started the wellbutrin again. I'm hoping the my headaches don't get really bad again. I also don't want to gain all the weight back. I'm hoping that the wellbutrin will not only guve my hair a chance to thicken again since I'm taking it alone but I also hope to lose weight again. If I gain to much back I may consider using the topamax again. The hair loss is just very disturbing!

LISTEN TO EVERYONE WORRIED ABOUT HAIR LOSS!!! THIS WILL STOP/PREVENT IT!

[FYI I am on 200 mg of Topamax a day.]

I take 15,000 mcg YES, 15,000 mcg, (that's 5mg) of Biotin a day, and 2 Super B Complex vitamons a day. The brand I take is Spring Valley from Walmart. I also take 1 prenatal vitamin a day. The brand is a brand from Walmart also.

I was beginning to experience the dreaded hair loss that everyone talks about and I REFUSED to let this happen to me since Topamax was such a Godsend of a drug in the migraine/ Bipolar department for me. So I researched, researched, researched and I found out that this drug leaches these vitamins out of your body, especially Biotin and B vitamins.

I started out with just 5,000 mg of Biotin and 1 Super B Complex, but that didn't quite do it, and just kept moving up until I noticed that the hair stopped coming out in the shower. My hair has stopped falling out, and looks nice and shiny. I'm overjoyed that this worked!!

I hope this helps someone and doesn't scare anyone else away from taking this medication!

p.s. I also take 1 Chromium 1,000 mg a day. In the last 3 months since I've been on Topamax I've lost 17 lbs. Good luck to everyone.

Thank you for this post...Had no idea this could happen. New to the combo of these meds. (about a week into them) Took Topamax before and had success with my migraines. Now with my added depression I was a bit worried about the combination. No crazy side effects so far except taste, but I had that the last time I was on Topamax. I think the Wellbutrin is making me a bit dizzy at times but so far that's it! I'll take it if it works. Anyhow, Ill start taking the vitamins today. Thanks for the advice!

I was taking 200 mg of Topamax for my migraines and was on 80 mg Prozac for depression. My depression kept getting worse even though my migraines were feeling better. I am working with a psychiatrist now who told me that Topamax can affect your moods. I have stopped the Topamax and am now on 60 mg Prozac and 100 mg Wellbutrin SR. I am feeling so much better as to my mood, but my migraines have started up again. I will not go back to the Topamax, however, because of the low point I hit on it. My next stop is acupuncture.

Just be aware if you are taking the Topamax and suffer from depression, it could make it worse. It won't necessarily; but be aware so that you don't fall into a more depressed state.

HI there, Im on topamax 200mg and lexapro 10mg daily no hair loss, and finding them quite good on the topamax now for the last two years, for migraines, only on lexapro three weeks for depression, I'm finding that it's working quite well for me.