I am a 35 year old male. My legs only sweat at night, enough to make the sheets soaking wet. What could be causing this?

I am 34 years old and male. I have been experiencing the same nighttime shin sweats for about 5 years and the sheets are soaking in the morning quite often.

Any progress on this?

I am a 49 year old male ,, with the same thing for only the last year or so,
Any answers ?

I am a 49 year old male. I have also been having leg sweats at night. I take paxil. Does anyone know what causes this?

I am a 36 year old male who has the same problem... for the last year or so... i have been getting leg sweating.. sometimes enought to make the bed wet... but it seems to only be from the waste down.. mostly my legs.. ?? any ideas..??

I am a 45 year old male. I have had this same problem for more than 10 years. I am a runer and a cyclist. I find that this problem gets worse when I am working out a great deal and my metabolism is high. The sheets are soaked and I awake in the night because of it. My legs sweat not only at night, but anytime my temp gets a little high. I sweat from my head and my legs.

I have found that taking a shower at night helps lower the amount of sweat. I suspect that the problem is that at night my body is spending a great deal of energy rebuilding muscles damaged during workouts (it is this rebuilding that makes us stronger). Since the legs are so vesiculated, i would think they make a very effective heat exchanger.

On the other side of things, I have read that adnormal sweating can be caused by a thyroid problem.... :-(

I know that two possible causes for night sweats are cancer or HIV, not sure about just the legs though and obviously there are more reasons, those are just the ones I know off the top of my head. Night sweats usually indicate a more serious problem.

I am a 20 year old male and my legs have been sweating for about 5 minutes? Any ideas?

so...is there a reason for this night time leg sweating ordeal because i have the same issue and i sleep in a basement and its freezing so obviously its not environmental. and i dont run or cycle so its not exercise related. and i am NOT a male so its not a guy thing. and im 24. ill wake up in middle of the night and feel the sweat dripping off my legs.

I am a 24 yr old female as well and my room is pretty cold and I have exactly the same problem. My legs are all slimy, but only my legs its so wierd! I wish someone could say what it was! :-)

That sounds like "hyperhidrosis" but I'm not sure if that only happens at night.

Here's a wiki link for more info on it -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperhidrosis

I am 35 year old female. Non-drinker, non-smoker, and of relatively good health. I have just recently started suffering from sweaty legs at night. I am not hot, nor do I wake up from being hot, but rather from the wet sensation covering my legs. I stick my legs out from under the blankets and immediately get chilled. So, it is what I would call a 'cold sweat'. And I am not sweaty or hot anywhere else. Does anyone have ANY ideas?!?

I have been experiencing leg sweating for the last couple years...my legs sweat to the point that my pjs are wet in the morning...not every night but often enough that its very annoying. The research I have done indicates it might be related to a blood pressure med I am taking. I take 160 mg of Diovan. I am going to talk to my doc and see if he agrees that this might be the problem.

i am a 19 year old female and the nightly leg sweats happens to me too.so, it is not an elderly thing.It has happened to me every night for the pass few months.it causes me to wake-up periodically through the night and never get enough sleep i don't understand.

the only thing i have heard though that makes sense is that i/we may have restless leg syndrome.where your legs are so active during the night it actually causes your legs to begin sweating.
don't quote me though it's just something i was told.

I am a 19 year old female and the same thing happens to me. I had a hip surgery about 5 years ago and i also have tendinitis and arthritis in my legs. Im not sure if this is why mine sweat though. I have been wondering what it is....if someone knows anything please reply.