I don't know if people still use this but i had unprotected sex the other day and i took amoxicillin because i thought i had strep and i didn't and i took that and my birth control at the same time and i didn't know if it would still affect the birth control or not. please if someone can help me out on this so that i can know(: thanks(:

Hi. Antibiotics could interfere with birth control pills in such way that it may reduce the effect of your birth control. Doctors do advise that while taking antibiotics while on birth control you should consider other temporary birth control methods (condoms..exc). Anyways, it is very unlikely that only one amoxicillin interfered with your birth control pills as one pill has a 8 hour effect so i would not be worried if i was you. Try to avoid drinking antibiotics while on birth control but if you must you should consider other contraceptive method.