Hello. I’m 27 year old women and I have a three year child.
My husband is, like me, very protective and worries about him all the time. We keep him clean all the time because of possible and very common bacterial infections in his age.
But it seams that no meter what we do and how often we bath him, his lymph nodes are constantly swollen, decreased appetite and constantly inflamed tonsils.
We really don’t know how to prevent this.
We took his to see a doctor and he prescribed him amoxicillin-clavulanate antibiotic. He took it for about a week and it didn’t help at all. What should we do with this? What is causing these recurrent bacterial infections of my child’s throat?

Well, I can tell you that this isn’t anything uncommon.
Condition is called Strep Throat. Strep throat is caused by the Streptococcus pyogenes bacteria.
This infection is most common in children over three years of age and begins with a fever, a red, swollen throat, and inflammated tonsils.
If strep throat is suspected as the cause of tonsillitis in your child, your doctor will do a throat swab to confirm that there is infection with strep bacteria.
Possible antibiotics that were commonly used in these infections are penicillin, amoxicillin, amoxicillin-clavulanate, erythromycin, azithromycin and clarithromycin.
His symptoms could be caused also by a virus.
You must understand that antibiotics can help him only if it is bacterial infection. If any other case- your child most likely has a virus that will need to clear up on its own.
The current indications for tonsillectomy for recurrent strep throat is having five or more episodes of strep throat in a year.