About 2 weeks ago I was told I have bacterial vaginosis and was proscribed metronidazole vaginal gel. I have been using it for the past 4 days and have been experiencing external itching. I also noticed that my clitoris was very sensitive and slightly itchy as well. I checked to see if I had any bumps or sores, just to be safe, and I was all clear. It doesn't even look that irritated or swollen or anything. I have taken this gel twice before and this is the first time I have experienced the itching. I have been using vagisil medicated wipes to ease the itch (it helps a little bit). Is this something to worry about?

4 days in the medicine could still be at full effect eradicating the infection and causing the irritations. Go back to your doctor in 3 days if it is persistent. Also drink LOTS of water to move that infection out. Always wipe front to back, too.

I've been using the gel for 2 days. How far is the applicator stick suppose to be inserted into my vagina?...or as long as its inserted is it ok?