I’m currently having big issues with bacterial vaginosis infection - I’ve already been on course of Zithromax, Cipro and am using probiotic supplements, but the infection won’t go away. If anything, it’s becoming more and more annoying since I have to endure constant discharge and itching. I’ve been to my ob-gyn and she wants me to go on another Cipro course, combined with stronger antibiotics, but since this has not worked well in the past, I’ve been researching a bit online and came upon some info that Flagyl is usually the first choice to treat bacterial vaginosis.

I’d be very thankfull if someone could give me more info if this is true and should I try to insist that my ob-gyn starts me on Flagyl?

I have had BV quite a few times and one instance it didn't go away. My OB put me on Flagyl and it went away. I told her once that the pill worked but didn't think it went fully away and she put me on the same thing but they have a vaginal gel. It comes with an applicator kind of like a tampon and I felt doing it that way helped more since it was going right where the infection was. Since then I haven't had another and use the Summers Eve restoring pH body wash.

Thank you for your reply 614thomasanna! I have an appointment with my ob gyn next Thursday and I'll make sure to bring up the Flagyl vaginal gel option, as well. It definitely makes sense that it would work better to finally stop my BV since it's applied directly in the infected area. But since I have steady partner, I'm wondering if it maybe will also make sense for him to get anti-bacterial treatment since I figure there is a chance that maybe he might be just re-infecting me without having any symptoms himself. Any idea about this?