I’ve been prescribed Flagyl for bacterial vaginosis and I have to take it for 3 more days. I can’t wait to finally stop taking Flagyl because I’ve been nauseous almost all the time on it. The problem I’m also having is that I have wedding to attend to in 2 days, so while I’m still on Flagyl, and I’m hoping someone could tell me is it safe to drink alcohol while on Flagyl (Metronidazole)?

I’ve heard various things about taking antibiotics and alcohol and I’m not planning to take more than a drink or two, but I still want to make sure that it’s safe to drink even that.

Better u quit to drink till u r cured or instructed by ur doctor ........ U can tk d drinks as much as u can after fully cured..... Dnt b in hurry no matter how much u want to coz health sud b d 1st to b taken care of...

like dai said - wait until you get off this antibiotic before you take even a sip of alcohol. I was taking it for the last two weeks and my doctor warned me that I have to wait 3 more days after I end my treatment with Flagyl before I can use my mouthwash that contains alcohol. i thought nothing too bad can happen and I continued using it as soon as i got off the Flagyl, and my god, I was nauseous and vomiting some slimy substance within hours.

So, while you're on flagyl don't drink alcohol, it will make you extremely nauseous!

No, it is not safe to drink alcohol while on Flagyl. Metronidazole is one of those antibiotics where it is really not safe to drink alcohol, because alcohol can interact with it in such a way as to lead to vomiting, an irregular heartbeat, breathlessness, and an all-over skin rash. You can mix some antibiotics with alcohol, in moderation, but this is not one of them. 

Just explain that you're on antibiotics and everyone at the wedding will understand. You can have a few drinks with the new couple as soon as you're off antibiotics, though! Just save it for later.