Couldn't find what you looking for?


After i shaved my (v) I had a lot of discharge nd itching pain through sexual intercourse also like a burning feeling to is that normal please help!!?


Hi there

Shaving pubic area may give you nicks, raor burns, blisters, bumps and cuts, if not done properly. But, it cannot give you itching and dischage from vagina. More about discharge below -

If discharge from vagina is Frothy, yellow or greenish with a bad smel - you probably have Trichomoniasis - which can also give pain and itching during urination.

If discharge from vagina is White, Gray or yellow with fishy odour - you probably have Bacterial Vaginosis - which can give Itching or burning, redness or swelling of vagina.

How does the doctor diagnose abnormal discharge?

The doctor will start by taking a health history and asking about your symptoms. Questions may include:

  • When did the abnormal discharge begin?
  • What color is the discharge?
  • Is there any smell?
  • Do you have any itching, pain, or burning in or around the vagina?
  • Do you have more than one sexual partner?
  • Do you douche?

The doctor may take a sample of the discharge or do a Pap test to collect cells from your cervix for further examination.

How is abnormal discharge treated?

How you are treated will depend on what’s causing the problem. For example, yeast infections are usually treated with antifungal medications inserted into the vagina in cream or gel form. Bacterial vaginosis is treated with antibiotic pills or creams. Trichomoniasis is usually treated with the drug.

Here are some tips for preventing vaginal infections that can lead to abnormal discharge:

  • Keep the vagina clean by washing regularly with a gentle, mild soap and warm water.
  • Never use scented soaps and feminine products or douche. Also avoid feminine sprays and bubble baths.
  • After going to the bathroom, always wipe from front to back to prevent bacteria from getting into the vagina and causing an infection.
  • Wear 100% cotton underpants, and avoid overly tight clothing.

Please visit a doctor for correct evaluation and medication. Good luck