Hi. You can't even imagine how frightened I was when I saw this.
First, I want to say that I have never had any problems with my genitals before.
I'm 25 year old woman and just the other day I have noticed that I have some strange vaginal discharge. Strange not only by color, which was brownish but also by very unpleasant odor. My best friend told me that she also had these symptoms a year ago and that her gynecologist said it was some disease called bacterial vaginosis.
I have never seen anything like this and I want to find out some informations about this disease.

Well, your question isn’t so difficult because bacterial vaginosis is very common and sever condition at women. Almost every second woman had these kinds of problems.
Bacterial vaginosis is a mild infection in the vagina caused by a type of bacteria which normally lives inside your vagina.
The exact cause is unknown.
There are two types of bacteria in your vagina, anaerobe and aerobe.
Too many anaerobes can cause bacterial vaginosis. We don't know why the anaerobe bacteria overgrow and cause this infection.
Some women have bacterial vaginosis without any symptoms but most frequent symptoms include bad odor discharge, itchiness and heavy discharge.
It is very easy treated. The clinician can prescribe an antibiotic, taken by mouth, called metronidazole or Flagyl.
There is also a vaginal cream.

Hello, I am an 18 year female, who has seemed to just caught this bacterial infection. I have been on the Cream for the infection for over 3 months. The medication seems to have no affect. I even used it for a whole month straight, everyday, and the infection still isn't gone. I have tried the pills to and everything seems to fail, and I know I am harmin all the good yeast that needs to be there, and there is no doubt that I Have this same infection, because I have been to the doctors at least twice a m onth and I have been spinnin my money on the same cream, that is not working. So what Can I do??? >;)

Use Rephresh Gel, I found it at CVS, and it was recommended by my gyno.

for many years when I was younger, I thought I had reoccuring yeast infections. I would get itchy and have discharge. The doctors would always diagnose it as a yeast infection and give me some cream. The problem would never go away. I finally went to a specialist years later and he told me I was simply allergic down there and was reacting to the harsh soaps. So if you say your cream is not working and you are still itchy, try changing to a hypoallergenic soap.