Hi, a gynecologist told me yesterday that I have a bacterial vaginosis. She prescribed me metronidazole tablets, and told me to come again in 10 days. Is this a dangerous condition? I could use some information.

It’s not dangerous, but it has to be treated immediately. I had bacterial vaginosis last year, and my doctor said that it’s a very common condition caused by an overgrowth of various bacteria (germs). My treatment consisted seven nights of Cleocin 2% vaginal cream. It worked, and I didn’t have bacterial vaginosis again. This condition is imbalance if the normal bacteria in the vagina, and the most common symptom is a vaginal discharge. It is usually white-grey color, and smells bad. The smell is most noticeable during and after sex. I didn’t know that I had bacterial vaginosis until I went to a regular examination. The symptoms are not always obvious, and many women are unaware of it.

this is a question for the girl whoo asked about bacterial vaginosis.
ii just wanted too knowww howw long it took for them to figure outt that u had bacterial vaginosis andd how could they tell...plzzz let me knoww..alsoo wat symptomss didd uu havee

this all helped me so much! i was prescribed vaginal gel .75% and i used it but it didn't work so i went to rite aid and got some vaginal cream 2% but i am waiting tell my period comes and leaves so i can use it again