Hello! I'm 22 years old and have been on birth control for about 4 1/2 years. I quit at the end of February because I wanted to try out the IUD. I have an appointment to get that inserted (hopefully) on May 14. The first period (not the withdrawal bleed immediately after last pill) was 28 days after that withdrawal bleed so I thought I was in the clear as far as irregular periods after quitting birth control. I experienced extreme breast tenderness that whole month before that first period that I assumed was related to my hormones adjusting. However, it has been 38 days after my last period (10 days late) and no period is in sight. I've experienced off and on bloating, mood swings, some nausea, and breast tenderness for the past two weeks or so. The most troubling of all these symptoms is just in the past week, my nipples have gotten very tender and erect. My Montgomery glands have gotten more noticeable as well. I know all these breast symptoms are suggestive of pregnancy so I'm nervous. My boyfriend and I have probably only had sex 4-5 times since my last period, all of which with a condom that was placed on before any sexual contact. I have also taken 2 pregnancy tests (at 1 day late and 7 days) which were negative. Should I be nervous about the breast symptoms and demand a blood test or should I assume my body is still trying to produce the hormones and I'm just experiencing bad withdrawal symptoms from quitting birth control? Thanks!

I am in the same boat. I stopped yasmin in march had a normal 39 day cycle and since the nothing. Any update on your situation?

Sorry I meant normal 30 day cycle then nothing. I'm on day 40 now. I took a test at day 33 but it was negative.