I went for a relaxing massage at my local spa with my mother the other day. It was very nice. Until the masseuse told me she could feel a lump on my mid spine and I needed to see a doctor right away! I have tried locating the lump since, but I can't feel a thing. I am however very worried about it now. Do you have any advice for me?

If you are worried, there is only one thing for it! You need to go to the doctor, just to get some peace of mind. Please don't think you have a tumour because you probably don't, but there are other things you might need treatment for as well, and even if you masseuse isn't a doctor she probably knows what should and shouldn't be on your spine.

Well there are some swellings which depend on the posture ie. standing or sitting. Also i agree that a masseuse knows what should be on your spine. You should consult a surgeon immediately.
I have put in a series of articles about middle back pain and swellings. Kindly take a look if you have any of those symptoms.

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed