I recently discovered a large lump underneath my skin on my lower back. At first, I dismissed it as being nothing, but the lump is still still there and I keep thinking about it. It is not painful or anything, and I can move it when I touch it. What do you think this is? Should I be worried or not?

Just judging from your description, which is obviously all we have here, it does sound like you have a lipoma. This is a tumour of fat cells, and it is totally benign. Sometimes lipomas can get very large, and they are surgically removed for cosmetic reasons, but usually they are left alone by the medical community.

I have had small lump only felt when bending over and hurts to touch also has been hurting for the last year I have had to different doctors and physical therapist tell me it was fatty tumor. After going to therapy for back pain for a year straight and no results my Dr sent me to surgeon to have it removed the surgeon felt it and said it wasn't fatty tumor that it was bone. This pain I have been feeling for so long is Si joint disfuntion which will need major surgery to fix but my Dr wants to try injections first since I'm a stay at home mom with a baby and recovery time with surgery can be up to 6 months. I will keep you posted.

I have a large lump also in my back for several years and i notice it is growing slowly it is movable and when i press it the lump moves maybe the same that you have pls update me on your lump im so worried also and trying to check and google it what it's all about when i first notice it, its not that large but when i try to check it recently it seems that its been growing...it's not painful and it's movable i think round or oval im not sure but when i move sometimes my back hurts.