I require surgery on my t6-7 thorasic spine as I have a disc hernigation which is pushing on my spine cause muscle weekness in my lower extermaties. I have come to a point that I can not walk/run without draging my feet. I have been through alot of shoes and the front wear out. How am scared of having surgery, how much improvement will I see should the operation be successful>? o.O :$

I can't even say hope you feel better. My husband is going through thisnow,andnothing is helpingsofar. And his meds are only helping him minimally. What did you doc say?

what happens when you have a disc herniation in t 11 and 12 that is 9mm already torn and is pressing on the spinal cord as well as causing pressure on the nerves causing me to fall and loosing sensation in legs severe pain and memory loss i also have a herniation in t 6 and 7 that is 3 mm pressing on spinal cord and i also have a herniation in l 3 and 4 that is smaller than the other 2 what is the recommendation , i am in constant severe pain and everyone including my doctor is treating it like its not a big deal the physical therapy is not working in fact it is slowly making the condition worse it seems as if i am a lab rat and they'r trying things pushing me to see what makes it worse or better as of yet nothing has helped massage therapy helps momentarily but by the next day the symptoms are right back where they were before I am so scared depressed and confused more than anything.. what do i do?

I had a fusion done on my lower back a year and a half ago. My doctor was great and I have no lower back pain. Then about 8 months ago I herniated 3 more disc but this time in my thorasic. I'm going to try a laser surgery on Feb. 14th in Dayton, Ohio. I'm very nervous because having thorasic surgery can be very risky but...... I don't have the quality of life right know that I need or want. I think you should see if you can find a doctor who is more beneficial to you. I've been to alot of doctors and had alot of test. I finally found 2 great doctors and If you would like to know their names and numbers I'll give them to you. I too thought I was going crazy when everyone around me judt dismissed my pain. I'm noy going to say I know your pain buy I do know my pain and it's not fun.

Hi- I had 2 lots of surgery T1 to T7. I was in a pretty bad way at the time ie 95% paralyzed from the chest down. I had no option but to have surgery. Within 6 months i was able to walk again following a lot of rehab and now i am 99% fully recovered. Positive attitude and faith goes a long way.....

My husband was told of the "no surgery" option for his herniated T8 last week. He is very despondent that there was nothing to do but continue to take the pain meds until this became too much and then segue to getting his sternum broken, his lungs and heart moved over so that surgery can be p[erformed. Please let me know about the laser option you write about by the surgeon in Dayton. I would also be very appreciative if you were willing to share the names of the docs you had mentioned. How did your surgery go, Panthress00?

i have a herniated disc in my thorasic spine that i got 3 years when my dog when after another dog. ever since the chest pains are unbearably i feel like my chest is crushed. i have had 2 lumbar surgeries 5 and7 years ago but now my paralysis is coming back. i've tried injections and don't want surgery but i have to get it. i haven't been able to drive my car since daisey pulled me and i felt the pop. i'm left handed and it's affecting my left side. i'm tired of taking my meds i feel like i'm poisoning myself to who is going to rehab stop it will only do more damage. my neurosurgeon stopped my rehab after both of my surgeries because of the pain. he said sor muscles is normal but pain is not some people have nerve damage that will only get worse. i used to work out in the gym everyday road my horse 15 to 20 hours a week before i got knocked over by a horse when it slipped and fell in the barn. know i cant walk far sitting hurts i cant stand more than a couple minutes. the only work out i get now to keep my muscles toned i ride my horse bare back because it uses every muscle in your body to balance it's very relaxing and low impact better than any rehab a dr can give to the one who is scared when you have your surgery you wont believe the relief i was scared on my first and begged for my second. now i have to find a dr to do my thorasic i lived with the chest pains but im loosing my legs again im 44 and i had my first surgery 2001 good luck to everyone XD ;-) :-S :$