My Dad was diagnosed with a gliosarcoma in March this year. It was totally ressected (and miraculously encapsualted!) he has finshed 6 weeks of radiation and chemo and is now in his 3rd cycle of 5/23 temozolomide. Last Tuesday a MRI showed the tumour had grown back and yesterday they found a lump in his breast. It has been so difficult to get ANY info on gliosarcoma, encapsualted ones impossible. Isn't it a primary tumour? The lump in his breast certainly got a worried reaction from his medical team. We are waiting for a biopsy, is it 'common' that a gliosarcoma mastises? In info from anyone re gliosarcomas greatly appreciated!!!

Indeed, gliosarcoma is a primary CNS tumor. The information I found is a bit confusing. The literature indicates gliosarcoma is a very rare primary CNS neoplasm, representing approximately 2% of all cases of GBM (glioblastoma multiforme).

The literature also states that metastasis is rare but not unusual. Although most gliomas rarely show metastases outside the cerebrum, gliosarcomas have a propensity to do so, most commonly spreading through the blood to the lungs, and also liver and lymph nodes.

I found several medical articles/studies related to gliosarcoma, but you are correct in that there is not a significant body of literature available.

Sorry for your Dad's problems and I wish him and you the best.