I just started an acne treatment on Minocycline, however reading all the side effects I got really worried about taking it.

Does any of you can report how did they react to the treatment?
Is it ok to drink alcohol while on Minocycline?
How long did it take for you to see improvements on your skin?

Hi! I found thad minocycline rarely causes significant blood or internal problems. A topical acne cream is normally used along with these pills. If acne does not improve after several months of minocycline, a dermatologist will change the acne medicine to a different one. If the acne improves, the dose needs to be lowered or minocycline will build up in the body. As this accumulates, the medication turns dark purple in the body and might show up as a discoloration. This looks like bruises that don't go away, or dark pigment in acne scars. The pigmentation will clear up as long as it is recognized and the medication is stopped, but it may take a year or more. This is one of the reasons regular exams are needed for people on minocycline. I wouldn't drink alcohol while on minocycline.