Hi, I have acne vulgaris and need something effective to treat it, my doctor recommended me to take Minocycline. Does it work for acne vulgaris?

Minocycline is a member of tetracycline antibiotics, and has a broader spectrum of activity than the other members. It stays in serum 2-4 times longer than most of other tetracyclines. It is marketed under trade names Minomycin, Minocin, Arestin, and Dynacin. It can be effective in treatment of acne vulgaris, but you must pay attention to possible interactions with food and side effects. Children are not allowed to take teracyclins until after 12 years, although some decrese this borther. If you eat food reach in calcium – milk and dairy products or iron, it will not interfere absorption of the drug, like in other tetracyclins. But, supplements of calcium and iron are not allowed.