Hey, I have been on minocycline for acne for a while now. I'm in college and I like to drink on the weekends....is that safe to do? Will there be any health problems from taking minocycline antibiotics and alcohol? Thanks!

i wouldn't. i consumed the two too close together one night and my heart was raceing! It was scary!

hey, im on minomycin for acne. Usualy once a week i go out with friends and drink. Is this alright? Are there any severe side-effects or anything?

I've been on minocycline for months and binged drunk many, many times over those months. I haven't suffered any damage, but it's probably not wise ... my liver is probably withering, dissolving into its own bile, but hey, at least for This Single Moment I Feel Moderately Better!

I would recommend taking yourself off of minocycline for a few days before consuming any alcohol. Whenever I'm on the minocycline and I consume alcohol, I am in a haze for at least a week. I have a very odd reaction to the combination of the two but it is not wise to take both at the same time.

Direct quotes from my doctor who prescribed it and the pharmacist where I picked it up.

Doctor: "It would be no different than having a couple extra beers if you weren't taking the medication"
So bascially just when ur done drinking, by you taking the medication every day, it's like adding on a couple beers.

Pharmacist: "Just be careful because you might feel drunker quicker"

They are basically saying the same thing. It is a little extra work for the liver but nothing drastic.

I drink while on mino and I can't say it's a positive experince, f**k thids is hatd to tyhpe

i drank and smoked weed on this antibiotic. i formed a serius anxiety disorder and i dont feel like myself months after. i never thought this would have such a strong reaction. i was also on birth control tho. could this be a factor? kinda losing my mind lately. had to be put on zoloft. it's not really doing anything.

Ok, so i almost died several times when smoking weed and taking mino what happened was it made me get very high more then usual and i get panic attacks if i smoke 2 much and so what happened after smoking the weed was after smoking a couple minutes later was my heart started racing and i was so high i couldnt move or talk, and my heart kept beating faster so i ended up calling the ambulance because my heart kept getting faster and then i had 2 really hard slow beats and thought "this is what it feels 2 die" the ambulance came and i dont remember what happened next but somehow i was in the ambulance hooked up 2 a heart moniter having a seizer, so i was taken 2 the hospital i passed the drug tests idk how but i did it might of been cuz i didnt pee all day but they also took 2 blood tests so idk put i passed them and the heart monier went off around 10 times from my heart beating so fast and your heart may "explode" from beating 2 quickly and they cant do anything if ur heart is racing 2 fast all they can do is watch so dont waste ur money cuz i have a 1059 dollar ambulance bill i need 2 pay now but as 4 drinking im not sure but ill be care full, but im 100 pounds and smoked from a bong while on the pills and i dont recoomend it every1s body is different and trust me its not fun 2 almost die

shelbey and the other dumb f**k that are writing dumb ass comments, get a life and get off the drugs! The both of you need to go into a rehab or go back to school because you really sound un-educated talking so stupid. What losers!!! Get some friends is your life really that pathetic that you have to post sh*t like this? Grow up!!! >:(

Old thread, I know. Just getting that out of the way. 
I've been on Minocycline for about 3 years now... nobody took me off of it.
I smoke weed, and find that it doesn't make me sick.
I drink, and find that it makes me throw up most times. Often I will just make myself throw up before i go to sleep because I know it is going to happen.
I developed SEVERE social anxiety disorders, going to a psychiatrist next week, xannybars here I come. 
Also with anxiety disorders comes constant sweating, and if something touches me I freak out. 
Damn train wreck, 

Hope this helps with anyone concerned about sides from this nonsense. 

Wait are you serious?

i don't think he gets that minocycline isn't addictive and it doesn't give you a high...

You're a damn id**t. You can't die from smoking weed.