Ok I've a bit of a problem with my foreskin. I'm 21.

When flacid I cannot retract it further than revealing about half the head - it seems to be about 2 or 3 inches in length when flacid. This is causing me worries about being able to clean behind the head for smegma.

When erect, I can almost retract to expose the majority of the head and the "ring" where smegma is supposed to gather, but this is the only time I can do this and the whole area is hyper-sensitive to touch.

I've not had sex yet, so I don't know if it impacts on performance but it's becoming an issue for me as in the coming weeks I expect to have sex for the first time.

Please help

Hi Joe,

Your penis is sensitive because it is always covered and the nerves aren't used to being touched.  Let it stay "out" a bit.  Yes it will be uncomfortable but it will help decrease the sensitivity - read as "last longer."

I'd say you might need to stretch your foreskin a bit more to make it slide easier but it sounds like you might have a very long foreskin and that's why you can't retract it fully.

Hope it helps.

i was like you i had small penis when soft only had foreskin wrinkled hanging outside,my tiny penis was all inside,i would tie my foreskin and pee inside making my foreskin look like balloon this stretched my foreskin so i could get to my head easy,i then ties weight to my head and stretched my shaft out ,i left some weight on my penis at all times to hold my head outside my body and some shaft.i have since had my foreskin cut off and my head stays kinda big and i have about 3 to 4in of penis even soft out without weights now

Hi Joe:

You are blessed with a protective, highly-innervated, erogenous foreskin. Many unforeskinned guys would envy your foreskin. You display great wisdom in wanting to avoid circumcision,

You should thank your parents for protecting your physical integrity. Because of your physical integrity you will be able to have sex the way nature intended it.

Almost all boys are born with a foreskin that does not retract. This is normal. It takes years for the ability to retract to develop. About ½ of boys have a retractable foreskin by 10.4 years of age. Many adolescents still have foreskins that have tips that are too narrow to pass back over the penis head. These foreskins may be gently stretched over a period of time to cause them to widen.

Foreskin retraction is not absolutely necessary. A male may masturbate, receive oral sex, have sexual intercourse, and father children with a non-retractile foreskin. Some believe that sex is better with a non-retractile foreskin.

It is frequently said that sex with a non-retractile foreskin is painful. That is not true. The only time pain occurs is when a male with a tight but semi-retractile foreskin tries to have sex and the foreskin retracts during intercourse. The tightness of the foreskin is painful. Sex with an absolutely non-retractile foreskin is not painful.

It is normal for teens to have a foreskin that does not retract. One’s foreskin is still developing. If you want your foreskin to retract (not everyone wants a retractable foreskin), then you can help it develop ability to retract by stretching it.

If you choose to stretch your foreskin, then the goal is to have a foreskin that glides smoothly back and forth so as to provide maximum pleasure.

When your penis is erect, gently pull your foreskin back against the head of the penis. As the head attempts to pass through the foreskin it will stretch the skin a little. Do this several times every day and in a few weeks or months your foreskin will widen and you will be able to retract your foreskin. Do NOT force retraction. Do NOT cause yourself pain.

It works by tissue expansion. Stretching skin induces “mitosis” which is a word that means “division of cells”. New skin cells are formed and the skin expands but it takes some time. The increase in size is permanent. Be patient and give mitosis time to work.

The important thing is to put the skin under tension every day so that it will grow wider.

Search the Internet for:

“How to Fix Phimosis and Tight Foreskins, Solutions That Work”

and you will find the information and support you need.