I suspect that my wife has been taking antidepressants. She keeps them in a bottle where we used to keep vitamins. I noticed some changers about her, she became distant and quiet. I think she has been going through some crises but she doesn’t want to talk to me about it. I would like to know the names of antidepressants. Does any body know?

I can give you a list of antidepressants names. I’ll write you chemical name first and in bracket you will find brand names: Imipramine (Tofranil, Tofranil-PM, Imavate, Janimine, Pramine), Desipramine( Norpramine,Pertofrane, Trimipramine, Surmontil), Amitriptyline ( Elavil, Endep, Nortipyline, Aventyl), Trazodone ( Desyrel, Doxepin, Adapin), Protripyline( Vivacitil, Maprotiline, Ludomil),Fluoxetine (Prozac,Amozapine,Asendin), Sertaline (Zoloft,Paroxetine,Paxil). I should tell you that they only work when the disease depression is present. In that situation they usually give dramatic and gratifying relief to all of the symptoms. There is a basic difference between these medications and such drugs as alcohol, "uppers", "nerve pills", sleeping pills and the like, these medications cannot be used as an escape from life's problems. Antidepressants cannot be used as a habit form.