I have been having these really strange feelings of buzzzz or electric vibration that lasts for a second or less. It happens in my head or brain and also goes as far as where my eyes also feel the same thing at the same time and they both move very quickly from side to side. its really scaring me. Could it be possible that t could be a tumor..

Really scared,
Please give advice if possible :-( :'(

mitchmaltais

Please tell me you've seeked medical advice!

I have a buzzing feeling in my crotch about where my right nut is.
It used to be 1 second long and 3 seconds apart, but now it is constant.

I use a T-mobile black berry in my right pocket, and thought that it may be related?

I was running 4 miles a day for a week and thought that I may have over done it too. But it has been a week now and just getting worse.

I is almost like I have a pager in my goin and it is vibratting.

I will be setting up an appointment today.

Did you get to talk to your DR. yet?

Hi, I have been having the same feeling for the past 17 days! I have also been having severe vertigo. I have been to my GP, he said probably a virus although I have not been sick. I went back to see the GP after a week as vertigo was happening approx 7 times per hour. He sent me to an ENT specialist who says he can not find anything wrong with me. Vertigo seems to be going away slowly...I have only had 7 or 6 episodes today but I still get that electric shock feeling through my head. I am wondering if I should push my GP to order a CT or MRI.

I have been having electric shocks or buzzing going through my head. Started out an occasional thing now it's happening every couple of minutes. Been happening for about 3 Months now. GP has changed my prescriptions but no help. She does'nt seem too concerned so I'm looking at other options now. It ocassionally runs down through the tips of my fingers and all the way down to my feet. This just startred in the last week or two. I'm glad someone else has this happen. Everyone I explain whats happening gives me the look as though I've lost my mind. If this doesnt stop I'm going to go crazy but not yet.

haha im glad im not the only one who gets that look like im crazy when i tell them. ive been getting that weird buzzing in my head since i was a child. i have no idea what it is but one time lightning struck about half a mile from me and it felt like my brain was a pincushion. power surges do the same thing. something to do with electricity?

It sounds like i've developed a similiar thing. It came on all of a sudden about three weeks ago. I describe it like teh feeling you get when all the blood rushes to your head when you stand up to quickly. except i can get it several times a minute.

It seems to be at its worst when i'm focusing on things like spreadsheets or emails, but i also get it walking and doing basic things like washing the dishes. I don't notice it so much when i'm sleeping (or about to sleep though). I've seen a doctor about it, but she didn't really have a clue.

the timing does coincide with an increase in my migraines (which are fairly normal for me) and taking a new medicine Sumitriptan, but not sure if the two are related.

Has anyone else managed to get any kind of answer from a health professional yet? Or are they all stumped?!

Cheers,
Natalie

Greetings fellow bumble-bee's!! i too hav had the hornets nest thing buzzin round in my brain since my late teens, when i developed narcolepsy. i hav all narc symptoms-sleep attacks,cataplexy, sleep paralysis+hypnagogic hallucinations. sleep paralysis occures at the onset of REM sleep or coming out of REM. i ALWAYS know when im going to hav an attack - coz prior to the paralysis i get this electrical sensation starting in my feet,runs up my legs + the brain buzzing builds til it feels like my heads going to implode! tried explaining to my neurologist the pylon in my brain thing-his suggestion-"auditory" hallucinations." i think not mate- i know the diff between external sound and internal activity in my own head!! been trying to find out more for years-im convinced its defo got something to do with electricity2. i hav probs with static. 8-|

I understand what everyone is talking about. It is very difficult to put into words. I began having these "sensations" in my head and throughout my body while napping and sleeping at night. At times I will have them during the day, most often when I am overtired. I was clinically diagnosed with narcolepsy a few years ago and this is when they began. However when you read about narcolepsy symptoms you rarlely/never see anything about these “sensations”. I have seen many narcoleptics describe a similar experience on several chat forums (i.e “electricity,shock,buzzing,jolt”)If the Doctor’s weren’t educated on this or have never experienced this themselves it may be difficult to make a correlation between the two.
I felt that it was very abnormal and very serious. You have to be careful to not get led down the wrong treatment path as I almost was. Because the symptoms are so difficult to describe It was suggested that it was a mental health issue. Which of course it wasn’t. Its very important to be persistent, you know your body best and what your experiencing. If you are dealing with a doctor who wont listen to you, it will get you nowhere. I left my family doctor at the time (was getting frustrated with me returning) and suggested I see a psychologist. I had to see 6 different Doctor’s before one would recommended me to the sleep specialist. If I had not been stern in what I was and was not feeling I would have been treating a misdiagnosed disease.
Best of luck to everyone,

I've been getting the same sensation since I was in my teens. I'm 28 now. I get them infrequently, but it usually seems to happen when I reflect on a new experience I just had. It starts from my brain and seems to run down my whole body. It kind of snaps me back to reality because i'm so immersed in thought while it happens. I always figured that it was new nerve pathways being forged in the brain, and by some miraculous feat I was sensing that. If anyone gets any news on this let me know. My doctor just looked at me like I was crazy too. ****
thanks

**edited by moderator** **e-mails are not allowed**

I too have had this brain buzz. I mentioned it to my doctor and he didn't do a thing about it. However, I went to a doc about another reason and he put me on celexa and the buzz got so loud it drove me nuts so I quit taking the celexa and it still is a constant buzz. It started when I got mad at someone and I noticed it came. I have had it for 9 years now. Every once in awhile it will go away . I noticed that when I get a lot of sleep that it 'seems' to go away. I "THINK" it has to do with lack of sleep. :-)

I also get the buzzing head, since reading these posts I have come to realize something EXTREMEMLY important- I am not alone and I am not crazy, for that I have to say thank you to all of you who have taken the time to write!
I am beginning to think it may be a need to take it slow when changing meds or stopping them. I have taken Singulair, which I ran out of and wasn't too worried about filling it agian, come first thing in the morning I will call to get that fixed, ha-ha. Also, I have been on Cymbalta, and the Dr said I could stop taking it, I think I will take it every other day, then less and less. See if these steps work, first, then go on to blaming it on the start of menopause, since that seems to be the reason for everything else that is going wrong with my body and emotions- lol.
I really wanted to this to be a strong thank you to all of you that wrote, never think it was a waste of time or energy- it helps lots of others, and not all of them write to say thanks!

I didn't expect to find other people like this. I've been getting intense vibrations in between my ears for about a year or so now. It generally happens when I'm sleeping some times two to three times a night every two weeks or so. At first I thought it was due to the amount of alcohol i was consuming, but i've scaled back considerably and the vibrations are still occurring.

The noise generally starts towards the outside of my head and then converges in the middle. It is deafening.

Hope someone has an idea

That's what mine sounds like in my brain, very short bursts of a Star Wars light saber.Or sometimes just static. When I drank a lot, I would always start getting them after three or four beers. Then one day I had a seizure and was rushed to the hospital. A ct scan showed a brain tumor. A Stage four cancer. Very bad. Had surgery, removed an egg-sized tumor, now going through radiation and chemo. Prognosis sucks, 30 percent chance of living two years.

Good luck.

I too have been experiencing this buzzing feeling at the top and back of my head.
The only way i could describe it to people is that my head feels like a stereo that had been left on and was buzzing! This is interupted by being "switched off" every now and then. I had it this morning and it was strong and distracting! im now at work and is is still there but only faintly now... How long can i expect this to last? VERY ODD FEELING! :-(
I also suffer from migraine and feel patches of numbness but the is a different sensation!