For the past 2 months I have had a light headed/spacey/light dizzy/headache feeling where none of which is dominate. Its really hard to explain, probably because its a new feeling, but its a mixture of all four rolled into one. I usually have it with in 30 mins of waking up and it lasts the whole day. Kinda how you feel when you're sleepy, but want to stay up cuz your favorite TV show is coming on. Sometimes its minor, but sometimes its more severe and I find it hard to concentrate.

I have been to a regular doctor who said it was an inner ear infection. After weeks of meds he referred me to an ENT who said it was not an inner ear infection (or that the meds I was on cleared it up). The ENT ordered a sinus X-Ray, VNG, and MRI all of which were normal. I had to goto the ER one night and was dismissed due to "Anxiety Headache". I was there referred to a Neurologist and have had an EEG and ultrasound of my neck and head (blood flow) done, all were normal. My next step is a 24 hour EEG, that's coming up in 2 weeks. Blood pressure is normal sitting, standing, and laying down. I have had my eyes checked, no change in eye glass prescription. I have no problems walking, standing, talking, etc... I just have this persistent feeling that I cannot shake.

All the tests coming back negative is good... and bad as it's not telling me what has been happening to me for the past two months. My neurologist said that it could be a chemical imbalance and would require psychologically, is this the correct step for me next? I dunno. Could chiropractics help? Should I see a cardiologist next? Is it my anxiety?

I have RBBB, HSV2, and some anxiety problems (minor) and am not on any meds. I sometimes take Valtrex for the HSV2, but that's on an as needed basis.

Help.

Hello there. I also have this issue, now when you are writing all of those issues. Like I was writing this post. It is not nice and pleasant when you have a constant lightheadedness because it can lead to fainting or even something more. That is why you need to be persistent to find out what this is. Anyway, if you did so many tests and still nothing happened, your doctor sill haven't found anything, maybe it is just a low blood pressure that you are dealing with. It is also associated with dizziness and vertigo effects. I know it because it is very familiar to me. 

Hi there! I have been light headed/spacey/ with light head pain for the past 2 months too! I have had CBC done that showed my Hemoglobin was a little low but that's normal for me since I've been battling low iron for quite a few years. My blood pressure is fine. But I have been very anxious over this. It literally scares me. I was diagnosed with TMJ and need a mouth guard since I was having jaw pain and head pain. I also had a wisdom tooth removed and to cavities filled as well. I feel like am coming down with a cold because my sinuses act up but nothing ever comes of it. I don't know what to do next. I have to go see my doctor tomorrow for another blood test to check my iron level. I am thinking of asking him for a CT scan or MRI and extensive blood work to figure this out. Could it be my anxiety or really the TMJ? That's something you might want to check is for TMJ unless you don't have any clicking/popping/cracking in your jaw or no jaw pain. TMJ can cause dizziness because it affects your ears.

Interesting. I have been feeling the same way for a week and I take valtrex every day to prevent cold sores. I too have TMJ. Because you say that you only take the valtrex rarely, maybe you should look into chronic fatigue syndrome? Hope you feel better soon! Sometimes these things just go away as fast as they came. ;-)

I too suffer from this.. Any updates??

have you had your blood oxygen levels tested?

Just of out curiosity, has anyone with these symptoms gone to a chiropractor to see if it may be something that has to do with the spinal cord? I was wondering if pinched nerves in my neck and back could me causing the brain fog/detached feeling, cause my back and neck pain has been unbearable ever since these symptoms started.

Hey, try an acupuncturist. They help with energy flow, which is a different way at looking at the body. I've had one help me out a lot in the past. Right now I've been feeling the same way. I guess I should take my own advice and go see one.

I too have these symptoms -- In fact I've been having them since I was 16 (about 13 years). It seems as thought we're all having the same luck regarding answers from physicians. I have been to 2 ENTs including one at the Michigan Ear Institute which is one of the premier places in the country. I've had an MRI and an MRA done. I've done all tests related to vertigo and inner ear. I've had my vision checked by several eye doctors. I've even been to an allergist because I thought this might be related to seasonal allergies. No luck.

One of my coworkers has this exact same thing, so we're always asking each other, "do you feel spacey today??" We typically have the symptoms on the same days. One common thing we've noticed when we do have this feeling is that we're both experiencing pressure around our sinus cavities back around our eyes.

Here are my symptoms. I typically have these starting mid-morning or right around noon until I go to sleep at night. They are typically more enhanced toward the end of the day.

- Spacey/foggy feeling, almost as if I'm floating
- Disconnected like I'm not really "here" as if I'm in a dream -- I'm not as aware of my body as I normally am
- Pressure under my eyes around my nose
- Trouble concentrating and composing thoughts mentally but mostly verbally
- Abnormal memory loss
- Extremely annoying eye spasms (around both eyes)
- Eye strain and eye pain (mostly behind the eyes)
- Slight balance issues
- Higher bouts of anxiety -- much, much easier to snap than usual
- I become "uncentered" very easily -- I have to "reset" myself by holding eyes, neck and body in a position of stability -- quick eye or head movements trigger astronomically intensification of these feelings -- for example, shopping at a large warehouse like Costco or Sam's Club and turning my head as I walk down isles to view things on the shelves. Another example is when I drive through neighborhoods turning my head to look at the houses on either side of the street for long periods of time.

I've done quite a bit of research on this and I've come up with one theory that I'd like to discuss with a neurologist. Is it possible that pressure near my sinus cavities (whether it be caused from sinusitis or something else) could be hindering blood flow to certain parts of the brain that control these functions?

What are your thoughts?

Best regards,
Mike

May I suggest you have your thyroid levels checked? This is how i feel when my levels are not where they are supposed to be. And many people do not realize that is what it is. It can cause so many different symptoms, but for me it is dizziness...almost like being dizzy from a rollercoaster or motion sickness for me.

anyhow, just a thought. Hope you figure it out.

i am 54yrs,post menopousal since i was 26yrs[hysterectomty], had blood clot on lung 8yrs ago,left temporal lobe damage[car accident,18yrs ago] have fibromyialgia since 2004, had reasonable health with this, but 2yrs ago started throwing up at change of temperature,feeling light headed,not really there,total fatigue,feet feel really cold to the bone,sleep 12hrs,still feel tired. now it is worse,seeing stars,fatigue,headache,muzziness,shakes[without drink] . some days i feel normal ,have loads of energy just to be knackered the following day. this is really starting to get on my nerves now. any answers anyone?

Hello everyone. Well, most of you didn't post ages, but I will give my two cents anyway.

I started having the symptoms you all described about 20 years ago. I'm now 47. I would get dizzy and disconnected, foggy brained, memory issues, and random heaches or body pains in different areas. And the panic attacks were horrible! I went to a billion doctors (not really a billion, but a lot!) I was told I had everything from a sinus infection to it was all in my head. I suffered for a really long time.

Then I heard about a not so well known disorder called, Fibromyalgia. Yes, everyone probably knows about it now, but back then it was a new thing. Anyway, FMS has all these symptoms and more. Along with FMS and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, you get balance problems, dizzy spells, that weird disconnected feeling, brain fog and what I call missing words, where you can't think of the simplest word or phrase. Sleep problems, headaches, sharp stabbing pain in extemities, deep aching pain in long muscles and electric shock pain anywhere you have skin. You can hear weird noises like a droning sound or quick sharp buzzes. Does this sound familiar?

Along with FMS alot of us have Thyroid issues and early menopaus (for women). Your thyroid can be low, hypothyroid, even if the tests come back "normal". My doctor was sketchy about giving me Thyroid medication because my levels were just slightly low, but it made a huge difference in the way I feel. I take Armour which is a natural thyroid derived from pigs. The synthetic ones made my heart race terribly. Along with the Thyroid treatment I try to get at least 6 hours sleep a night, eat small meals throughout the day(reactive Hypoglycemia goes hand in hand with FMS alot of the time) and am careful about looking at patterns, like mini blinds, because they can throw me into a dizzy spell. Potassium and magnesium are very important to maintaining healthy levels of fluid in your tissue, which can also cause balance problems. And vitamin D3 is very essential. And listen to my body and mind when it says I've had enough noise, people or stress. If you feel this might be you, please look up FMS and low thyroid, vitamin D and hypoglycemia. Any one of these or combination of them can make you feel like you are crazy, poisoned or dying! There is treatment for all of them and you might be surprised how just taking a vitamin or getting enough sleep or even eating differently can change your life!
God bless. And I hope you feel better. :-D

Hello everyone.

this is crazy to find this post. almost the same exact issues. I best describe it like I am drugged, or as if you smoked a cigarette for the first time and you feel buzzed. Spacey and not yourself. I've been through numerous tests to try and figure it out, MRI's, anemia, thyroid, and blood tests. The only thing ever found was an allergy to gluten. I've changed my diet, but still for the last five years, I feel spacey every day. I'm starting to feel it has something to do with sleep deprivation. But no doctor has had any cure for me, i've been on anti depressants, psychiatrists...and still nothing seems to work. I notice when I drink alcohol the symtoms worsen. Good luck to us all...no end in sight for me

Thank you SO much for posting this! For a year now I have been searching for someone with the same symptoms. I knew anxiety is invloved but it's not the total story. When these symptoms started for me I did not have insurance and was terrified. The dr's in emergency rooms were dismissive and acted like I was crazy or just had anxiety. But Anxiety alone would not make it to where I was spacey, all day everyday, even when I open my eyes in the morning before I move at all, I feel like I'm high on something. I also have numb feelings, it started on my lips then my face, neck, even when I go to the bathroom and wipe (sorry), I can feel there's something not quite right feeling about my skin. I have digestion problems, sore muscles, light sensitivity, especially to florecent lights. Worst of all is the constant spacey feeling, sometimes it's worse than others, but it's always there. I'm forgetful too. Just before all these symptoms started, I was having panic attacks really bad and thought i might have a heart problem, then it turned into this spacey feeling with the numbness. I just got insurance and am going to see an ENT on Monday and a nurologist on Wednesday. The ENT just to rule any inner ear problems out, but what about the numbness??? Wierd. I'm wondering about brain chemical imbalances maybe? I'm just trying not to think the worst, you post helps.
Do you think thyroid or fibro. problems could cause my symtoms? What other doctors should I see?