Hey , im 18yr old guy in the UK. I've never been able to retract my foreskin at all, and only became aware of the need to retract it a few yrs ago. Up until now, i thought it is something that might come with time but evidently it hasn't.

When i try to retract my foreskin (whether flacid or erect) i can barely retract it at all. At most it moves back 1-2mm and i can see the opening at the the top but you can see that the head will not fit through the 1cm (max) hole. What can i do about this? and is it possible for me to have sex without retracting the foreskin?

Another question i had is that when i do retract it as far as i can, i can see part of the head, but there is also a very bright red part on my head, that i cant see very clearly, what is this?

PENIS
PROBLEMS FAQ

I know this is a really old post, but I've just stumbled across it. Now that was harsh, Bedson. The guy was only asking a question and I do know what the rules are etc etc but do we want people coming back to this site or not?

Hi Silva Surfer:

You are blessed with an erogenous, highly-innervated foreskin. Many unforeskinned guys would envy your foreskin. You display great wisdom in wanting to avoid circumcision. Do not be worried. You are normal for your age.

It is not absolutely necessary to have a foreskin that will retract. Some men live their entire lives with a non-retractable foreskin. They can masturbate, have penetrative sex, get married, and father children with a foreskin that does not retract. Some believe that a penis with a non-retractile foreskin has more sensation and that sex is better. However there is no scientific evidence one-way or the other.

It depends on just how tight your foreskin is. If it is really narrow and absolutely won't retract, then you can have penetrative sex without pain. On the other hand, if it just a little bit tight, then it is likely to be forced back during sex and that will hurt because it is tight.

Almost all boys are born with a foreskin that does not retract. This is normal. It takes years for the ability to retract to develop. About ½ of boys have a retractable foreskin by 10.4 years of age. Many adolescents still have foreskins that have tips that are too narrow to pass back over the penis head. These foreskins may be gently stretched over a period of time to cause them to widen.

It is normal for teens to have a foreskin that does not retract. One’s foreskin is still developing. One can help it develop by stretching it.

When your penis is erect, gently pull your foreskin back against the head of the penis. As the head attempts to pass through the foreskin it will stretch the skin a little. Do this every day and in a few weeks or months your foreskin will widen and you will be able to retract your foreskin. Do NOT force retraction. Do NOT cause yourself pain.

It works by tissue expansion. Stretching skin induces “mitosis” which is a word that means “division of cells”. New skin cells are formed and the skin expands but it takes some time. The increase in size is permanent. Be patient and give mitosis time to work.

The important thing is to put the skin under tension every day so that it will grow wider. Search the Internet for “How to Fix Phimosis and Tight Foreskins, Solutions That Work” and you will find the help you need.

It is never necessary to be circumcised. Non-retractile foreskin is not a reason to get a circumcision. Circumcision is a very destructive, damaging, and harmful operation. Furthermore, it is an ELECTIVE operation that in only done with the consent of the patient.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use