Occassionally i have nose bleeds before i come on for my period. They can vary in how worse they get and how long they carry on for but im jus worried im losing to much blood every month and also im only blleding out one nostril! im 18

I have nosebleeds too, and it's always only out of one nostril. I'm also 18, and super healthy, and I can't figure out what's wrong! It's pretty weird, so obviously I'm looking for an answer too. My nosebleeds aren't always before my period though, it's usually during the week. Let me know if you heard anything about it.

This is bizarre -- I'm eighteen as well and for the past six months I've been getting nosebleeds a day or so before my period, again, out of one nostril (my right). I can be bleeding for ten or fifteen minutes until it stops, but I always start bleeding again in another hour or so. Since I read about others having the same issue, I'll assume that it's fairly normal, but I'd still love to know why it happens

woah .... im also 18.. and i am bleeding in my nose right now.. yep.. right nostril!! And im on my period obviously..
this always happens i wonder why?!

This happens to me too. I'm 19 and I almost always get a nosebleed (out of my right nostril too) the day before and/or the day of my period. I'm glad to hear this happens to other people too, but why is there no information on it?!

I'm 22 and this has been happening to me since I was 16... I get a nosebleed before I start my period and then while I'm on I have at least 3 a day and night especially while I'm asleep. What is this? Is this normal?

I am 40 years old, I have had a nose bleed prior to each period since I have been about 15. I have no idea why, and I have never asked, I thought it was just me until I saw this thread. Does anyone know what this is or what causes it?

Vicarious menstruation could be the cause - I have them too.

community.livejournal.com/vaginapagina/14603781.html

Shock horror:

I'm 18 as well.
Nose bleeds a couple of hours before period.
Left nostril only.

:-P

Odd!!!!

im 16 and about 4 months ago i started birth control, the brand jolessa, and everytime i got my period i got heavy nose bleeds..i just recently switched to tri-sprintec and last week was the sugar pill week and i had severe nose bleeds almost every day...does anyonee know what this is adn if its just normal?

o.O All I know is my Aunt used to get a bloody nose before her period and I think my mom might have done the same... I'm 15 and I started getting a bloody nose this year, and I only bleed out of my RIGHT nostril. It's so strange.

Im 18 too, been on my period since I was 9 (I was a big kid), and have started in the past 1 year or so having numerous nose bleeds during and before my period.
I only just noticed that it was at period time today and I thought that it was strange. I dont think I have particulary heavy flow either.
Shame no one knows the reason to this, I'm going to do a bit of research and will notify this if I come across anything. Maybe I'll ask my docter when I next visit..

I know what you mean about getting nose bleeds before or during your period. I seem to get them monthly, and don't know why. I just recently thought it may be connected somehow... but your guess is as good as mine!

I am 37 years old and my nose bleeds profusely when I'm on my period! I thought I was just prone to nosebleeds but recently noticed they occur the day I start or even during my period. They always occur in just one nostril also, mostly my right. Although, the last two nosebleed occurrences I had (both while on my period) the bleeding occurred from my left nostril. It's so interesting that when I came online to google the problem (nosebleeds during menstruation) I come across this site and discover how common it is! Unfortunately, I don't know and was hoping to find out why this happens also. I'm going in for a pap smear soon and plan to ask the Dr. about this strange occurrence that seems to inflict many of us. I'll be sure to post back to reveal whatever info the Dr. may give me on the subject! Until then we'll just have to trickle on (lol)! ;D

Im 13 and I also get nosebleeds When I have my period and/or before it. I get awful cramps in my stomach and in my back. No one knows why but I would love to know. Today I'm home from school becuase of it and participating in gym class or any exercising feels extremely uncomfortable....