what can cause nose bleeding

Many things can cause a nose bleed.  For instance, the obvious one would be trauma to the nose by it getting hit by something, or by an object scratching the inner tissue of it.  Dry air, especially in the winter time, can cause the nose to bleed.  The capillaries are very close to the surface inside the nasal passages, so it can dry up and crack open, make the nose bleed, very much like when your lips get chapped and bleed.  People who take Coumadin, an anticoagulant, may have nose bleeds if they are getting too much of it in their system.  I hope this answers your question.

Hello cutiepie,

Nosebleeds are very common and usually nothing to get upset about.   You have a lot of blood vessels in your nose.  So, if this area is damaged in any way, it will easily bleed.  One of the most common causes of nose bleeds is when the nasal passages become dry.  I particularly have this problem when I go to Colorado.  The air is so dry at certain times of the year that I practically have to carry a tissue with me at all times.  Nose bleeds can also occur due to nose picking like with your finger.  Any which way try placing some lubricant in your nose and that will help prevent bleeding.  Just remember not to take aspirin or medication that cause blood thinning as this will make your nose bleed more.  Most of the time you can fix a nose bleed at home, however if it continues for a day or so, that would be time to visit your doctor.  

Hi i had three nose bleeds in a day 13 years ago .i was taken to hospital and they diagnosed high blood pressure