Hello, folks. I was diagnosed a breast cancer. I am on my regular chemotherapy, but it seems that I have a bleeding problem. My nose bleeds lately. Is this related to my chemo? I would appreciate if anyone could tell me that. Your help is more than welcomed. Thank you in advance.

Hello. Nosebleed is also known as epistaxis. This can be common for people on chemotherapy. If you are experiencing this, you should pinch your nose with your thumb and index finger. You can also put a cotton ball in your nose. However, if this bleeding does not stop in 15 to 20 minutes, you should seek for doctor’s help. This is especially valid for people with low platelets. You should also report this to your oncologist. I hope you will manage this somehow. Good luck! Bye!

Well,
I know that there is nose bleed when you suffer from a trauma or an injury in the nose region. Now the fact that you are going on the chemotherapy means that your immune system is weak and that your blood vessels are much weaker than they used to be. How long have you been having these therapies? These are very common things when you have chemotherapy and you have to know that this will happen as long as you have the therapy. You could discuss these issues with your doctor also and see if there is anything that can be done to lower the nose bleeds as much as possible.

All the best,
Nelie

I think its definitely to do with the chemo. Im having chemo and having nose bleeds all the time. Its a right pain but ive found loads of other people mentioning exactly the same thing on chemo. You know when you loose your hair on chemo, you loose all the hair inside your nose aswell so the blood can just pour out and your nose can constantly run. Its horrible ut it does look like this is part of the chemo Good Luck to you anyway :-)

I am also on chemo, was diagnosed several months ago. I'm experiencing the nosebleeds as well. Thanks for sharing. I am also experiencing some depression, how do you manage?

Focus on the long term. You will eventually not have chemo. In the meantime, you can deal with this small inconvenience.