My daughter has been fighting anorexia for over two years and was doing better but now is declining again. Over the past 2 weeks she has been having nosebleeds almost every day. I'm scared that this something very serious. Does anyone know what the cause could be or do you have any experience with same?

i suffer from anorexia nervosa myself, and have recently been getting persistent nosebleeds. although i have no idea why, and it could be completely unrelated and just coincidence, i just wanted to at least let you know that someone else has experienced the same.

I would find it very odd if it is merely coincidence. I have suffered from anorexia for nearly 5 years. I'm trying to recover, but the past few months I have been getting very frequent nosebleeds as well. I don't know what could be causing it, but it seems to happen most when I actually pisplay healthy eating habits.

Same.. Mostly in the mornings.

One of my really good friends is anorexic. She's really skinny and very unhealthy. She said that she was ok and everything, but we knew she wasn't. Me and her girlfriend finally ganged up on her and she admitted that she had a problem.

She was doing good for awhile, but then she was raped, and she started going downhill from there. She is eating, but after every time she eats, she takes a shower. We think she is throwing up her food now. And, I don't know what to do. Every time I bring up the subject, she gets upset and hands her cell phone to her girlfriend so she doesn't have to talk to me. I really don't know what to do anymore.

same here, i am anorexic and i get nose bleeds. it might be from a calcium deficiency.

I'm Ilse from the Netherlands and study veterinary medicine. I suffer with anorexia for 12 years. the nose bleeds i have 3 times a week. it has to with the bad condition of the bleed. In your bleed are factors that make sure you won't get a bleeding when you have an accident; these factors are proteins to protect your body. when your condition is bad; you have to less proteins to protect your body; the nose bleeds are an example of that
the blose you also you with people that have cancer or other sickness
so it is realy bad condition when you have so much bleeding

yes i have anorexia and i also get a lot of nose bleeds too and i dont know why

So simple answer, you could be dehydrated. I'm extremely dehydrated & it causes my whole body to dry out, including my nose. I wake up with dry blood on my face sometimes.