Hey gals. I have been on Ortho Tri-Cyclen for almost two years (in June of '11). I started my last period January 20, 2011, and it was my regular week-long period that I always have. The day after I was done bleeding (the 28th of January), my boyfriend and I had sex without a condom, but he pulled out. I haven't missed any pills, took them all on the same day that they were supposed to be taken on - even though there were a couple of days where I took the pill a few hours late due to work changes. On February 6, I was showering and cleaning out "down there", when I came up with this glob of really thick and gooey mucus that had a light brown tinge to it, and that really got me freaked out, especially considering that I have never had this before. I went to the restroom after showering, but there was no more discolored discharge. A few hours later, there was a teensy tiny amount of very light pink tint to the mucus after using the restroom again. It stopped after that, but then the next evening (the 7th) I had a tiny amount of pink again, but nothing since then. What could be the deal? I've already tried a pregnancy test, but came up negative. I am naturally a very paranoid and easily-freaked-out person, so I could just be blowing everything out of proportion and freaking myself out for nothing....but what in the world could have caused this? Should I be worried about a pregnancy or does this kind of thing just happen sometimes? Thanks for any answers!

Also should probably mention that I don't expect my period to start until the 17th, and I never start early, so this is not the start of my next menstrual cycle......

What ended up happening with this?  I'm going through the same problem now...there was a light brown discharge and I'm only halfway through my ortho tri-cyclen pill pack...any advice?

Hello, I had the same problem 2 weeks ago!  I take my pill religiously at the same time each day, and my boyfriend and I use condoms after he pulls out during sex.  I took 2 pregnancy tests that came up negative.  The light brown discharge only lasted about a day or so, and I discovered it after traveling and working out in my hotel.  Any advice?

I have the sane problem but mine us non stop from past two months its constant light bleeding and some times heavy with clot. I am feeling week n tired. Brown n pinkish mucus discharge after sex has become a pattern. Plan b sucks