I am having a frustrating time right now. I was at the end of my pack of pills, I'm taking Ortho Tri Lo. I recently started up on birth control again last month. Normally I get my period around Monday or Tuesday, with cramping ahead of time and then painful cramps during. Nothing showed until Saturday morning. I had NO cramps whatsoever and there was no red blood. I wiped and it was still either brown discharge or dead brown blood as if my period was ending. I figured it'd pick up and I'd start to heavily bleed and cramp. It didn't, I still have the discharge (day 3) and it's halting. I took a pregnancy test today and it came out negative. Did I take it too soon? I on and off for the past few weeks have been nauseous and occasionally have had bile in the back of my throat as a result. My appetite has declined and I've been tired more often. There were a few occasions when I missed a pill or two due to being sick and forgetting. Should I be starting my new pack of pills or wait it out to retest again?

I am in the same exact boat except I've had the brown discharge for almost a week and before that light pink. I took a test 6 days ago but it was negative. Today was the first day of my placebos and I havent started yet but we'll see what happens.