Hi, on Friday April 6 I began spotting a medium brown colour blood. It lasted until late Saturday night. It was only there after wiping. Now, on Monday, I have begun spotting red blood. My last period started March 19 and I am scheduled to get my next period around April 15. Also, the flow of my last period was 3 days shorter than it usually is, but remained the same flow. My period use to be regular, it use to fall on the 28th day exactly, but recently it has been anywhere from 28 days to 33 days. I have never spotted before and was wondering if this is normal for young women.

did anyone answer this? i'm having the same problem. like to the t.

me to... looking for answers... :-(

You could be having an early period, but it does sound strange. What is your age, if you don't mind me asking? It's quite common for really young girls who recently got their periods to have really irregular cycles, but if that is not the case for you, you may be spotting blood that may or may not be a period. You could be dealing with a menstrual disorder or something like endometriosis. If it's a regular occurrence and you're worried, I'd say it is time to see a doctor. Since infections can also cause bleeding between periods and you are perhaps not even sure if this is a period, get tested for infections as well. 

Hi there, i seem to be having the same problem , i am 35 years of age and taking the pill, i do not nee because my husband had a vasectomy over 12 years ago, i just recently started with the brown spotting but only when i wipe after going pee. this has been going on now for 5 days, i am due to start my regular period in about 7 days, i would love some input on this, I have been to the doctor and had an ultrasound done and also she check in the uterous and vaginal area but have not heard anything back... I would love some insight to this problemm... thanks ever so much to anyone who can help..

just wanted to say that I have been having this problem for the last 3 years, after having come off the Pill (which i was on for nearly 20 yrs) and trying to conceive at the same time. Before the Pill, my periods were regular.

All my tests were inconclusive. I went to an acupuncturist who treated me for hormonal imbalance and that helped considerably but was too expensive to continue.

As of today, we are 24 weeks pregnant - completely naturally, and with no help from IVF even though doctors didnt' think we would be able to - and looking forward to a healthy 16 more weeks to go...so be encouraged if you are worried that it will cause you not to be able to hold a baby!

I really wonder if, after our baby is born, the cycles will return to normal? Our midwives said that they have seen this type of bleeding a lot for women who used the Pill regularly. :-)

? OMG!! its like an epidemic, I'm just starting to experience the same thing. Every time I pee n wipe there's that brown blood you all r talkin bout. I don't know if there's cause for concern but it worries me bcuz I've never experienced this in the year that I've been taking yasmin. Need info on if this is normal asap...

I had this brown (old) blood spotting for years. It turned out to be endometriosis.

I am experiencing a similar problem here, I am 29years of age, i am based in Nigeria. I started encountering spotting for weeks b4 normal periods since 3years ago after i was told i had fibroid and i went in for a surgery, though after i was opened up, the surgeon found nothing. But b4 this surgery i went in for an ovarian cyst surgery a yr b4 which led to 1 of my fallopian tubes been removed. After all this surgeries i had been spotting for weeks and when i start my periods it comes with very severe pain. I have seen several gynecologist here and they all had done their examination and i have been prescribed some drugs in which i had taken but the problem still persist. What really could be wrong with me and do i have chances of getting pregnant someday. I am tired of seeing gynaes. I need serious help here.
:-(

hello everyone,
i am having a very similar problem:
2-3 days ago i began to see brown blood when i wipe after pee. yesterday it became more like my normal menstrual bleeding.
the interesting thing is, i have been on pills for as long as i can remember and i still have 4 pills that are left for this month. this sort of unusual bleeding never happened to me before.
i'm 32 and sexually active.
last month, i forgot to take most of my pills on time, tried to catch up after 12 hours or so a couple of times. but nothing really happened, everything seemed to be normal.. this month, i was more self-conscious and managed to take them within 2 hours of my usual time.
could this relatively small irregularity cause this unusual bleeding pattern?
i immediately called my doctor when spotting turned into menstrual bleeding but he happens to be out of town for a congress or something, so i started searching the net and found this thread. could anyone comfort me through experience and/or knowledge?
thanks in advance and cheers...

You all I have been looking for an answer to the same question. I started having the same thing happen to me on October 1. My period came on Septemeber 9 and lasted until the 16th i think. But now here I am with this spotting that shows up mainly when i use the restroom and while i am sleep and wake up and see it. it has not gotten heavier. I read somewhere that if it lasts more than two or three days that you should make an appointment with your doctor. it is a little scary to me with this happening but I do feel a little better in seeing that I am not alone. If anyone goes to the doctor and recieves a satisfyuing answer or finds one somewhere please let me know. i did read somewhere also that it can be due to your hormones also. I guess we will have to see.

I just got over my period a week and two days ago. Im on ortho tri-cyclen lo. I have been on the pill for like 5 years. When i pee and wipe i see blood! im not due for my period for another two weeks. What does this mean? Is it a chance of being pregnant? Can anyone please help me and answer my questions. Thanks

I have just read over 2 pages of reply's to the above posted concern about brownish spotting when wiping, a week or so before scheduled period. Yet, NONE of the replies were and ANSWER! I just got online to do research about this, which i am experiencing right now, and nothing is coming up!

I woke up this morning, and felt crampy, wiped after peeing, and there it is, brownish blood spotting! But im not due till next weekend!???

I have been on the Patch for years and ive never experienced this. I thought it was that, but after reading the posts from other girls about how they are also on birth control and this seems to have nothing to do with that, i'm getting worried. Somebody has to know something!?

Please post any findings!

It could be implantation bleeding.... Could u all be pregnant? just a suggestion..... Ive been pregnant 4 times... Out of those 4 times, i miscarried 3 and had twins..... I had implantation bleeding all 4 times and it was old brown blood that was only there when I wiped. I actually experienced it two weeks ago again, so I was trying to actually see if there was any other answers other than mine! lol...

It has been two weeks after my period and all of a sudden i have noticed a brown blood-like discharge everytime i pee. My period is pretty normal but recently, my last period was pretty awkward. At first it was extremely light, then extremely heavy (for a day), then extremely light and then gone... My period normally last for a full week so I thought it to be extremely odd to have such a short period. Anyways, recently I've been so freaking hungry I don't care what I eat an hour or two later... I'm just as hungry as if I had never eaten it the first place... *sigh* I hate to say it but does this mean I'm pregnant? My neighbor sure does seem to think so and even suggests that I go get blood work done. I'm 23 years old and I live alone and I do not see a future at all with my current boyfriend, so the last thing I need in my life is his kid.... Will someone please help me and tell me what it is I need to know....?