i have a question. i'm taking orth-cyclen birth control pills and some days i would miss the time i was suppossed to take it but when i remembered or got home i would take it so i never really missed a day. well, there's two rings of pills at planned parent hood they explained to me that the first ring will make my period not come and the second- inner ring will make my period come. i'm on the second-inner ring now, i've taken two already should my period have come by now?

usally your period should come at the end of the second one.. well i dont take the two ring thing but i know that most of the pills are like sugar pills while your on your period so the ones to make your period come should be the pill with the hormones..thats how it is on mine any ways i take Ortho Tri cyclen lo

oh thanks but i take regular ortho-cyclen so what you're saying is, i should get it like today or something because today i'd be taking the third one, also could it be that this is my first time taking birth-control pills and i'm coming off an abortion

That might be why.. i never can understand BC.. i am soo horrible about takeing my pills on time and i always get my period i have had it 3 times in the last about 3 weeks b/c i miss my pills. are your pills diff. colors? b/c the sugar lik epills should be white n then they get darker when my period comes the pils i take are Green is that how yours are? mine are a 28 day cycle so im not too sure how two ring things work... but sorry im no help

mine is also a 28 day cycle there are 2 rings the first-outer ring all of them are white and the second inner ring is blue

sorry i meant the first-outer ring is a light blue and the second-inner ring is a light green and i just took my third one and yet still no period does this mean i'm pregnant again

YOUR period can come ANYTIME in the "Sugar pill week".

A birth control period is not like a regular period, it is simply bleeding due to not taking anymore hormones.

Your body needs time to register that "OH, no more hormones, time to bleed"

Many women have a period by the 3-4 sugar pill, and this is okay. YOU still need to start your new package at the normal time.

thanks so much and yeah i did get and in about the time you said thanks alot

I'm supposed to start ortho cyclen tomorrow but i have no idea on what to expect??
im 17 and very petite i am flat chested and have a regular period.
are my boobs going to grow with the hormones help? will my period be irregular? im scared >:( this will be my first time on BC

With Ortho Cyclen if you just start you need to take your whole package of pills. You may not get your period on the days you are taking your sugar pills ( light green ones) because your body is still adjusting. My Gyno said it may even take 2-3 packs (months) untill your period comes with the first sugar pill. Your body needs to realize there are no hormones and that is when its suppose to bleed. So don't get nervous if you go through your first pack with no period just continue with the next and you should regulate out. :-) good luck