Hi, I'm 16 years old and ever since my puberty started I have had serious problems with acne. I have tried many treatments with different types of medications and cosmetic products and most of them had little or no effect at all. The acne became even worse and started leaving permanent terrible scars. I went to my doctor to ask for advice and he told me that I should consider using othotricyclen, a contraceptive pill that also makes acne go away. How can a baby pill stop acne? Should I use it?

Othotricyclen is a well known contraceptive pill based on the synthetic hormone called ethinyl estradiol. It can also be used as a remedy against acne, and in most cases it is very successful in fighting acne. In most women acne can be caused by hormonal changes during their menstrual cycles, othotricyclen changes the hormonal balance, prevents the release of hormones that are causing the appearance of acne and subsequently prevents acne from appearing. The effect of this pill on the acne can vary from case to case but in most cases improvements in skin quality is noticeable. If you are over 15 and have had a menstruation for at least a year and are not planning to get pregnant in the near future many doctors may recommend using othotricyclen. It will deal with two problems at the same time the acne, and it will prevent the unwanted pregnancy when you become sexually active. There are also some side effects that you should be aware of like possible weight gain, nausea, vomiting, bleeding between menstrual periods, or breast tenderness. If you experience any of these side effects you should report them to your doctor. Also if you are smoking that can diminish the effects of the pill, then the only solution would be to stop smoking. I personally think that othotricyclen would be a great solution for you if you meet all the criteria for the usage, it doesn’t have many side effects and can bring you many benefits. If you have any other questions about this be sure consult your doctor about them or even get a second opinion about that. Good luck.