Me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex last sunday night for about ten mintues for the first time, he did not finish so I thought in my immature mind that I would be fine then Tuesday we did again for another ten also not finishing. Once I confessed to a friend she told me the risk of  getting pregnant. Immediately I warned my boyfriend and I took Plan-B on Thursday. I am very concerned. I am not on any birth control due to complications with my last one and I am suppose to start my period today and have not yet. I dont know whether to ride the waves or be extremely concerned. I understand Plan B is best taken as soon as possible but we both are young and do not have that option. I need credible answers please.

Hi Jesse,

If you expect your today then it would be VERY unlikely that you'd get pregnant having sex last Sunday or later.  You didn't need the plan B.

Basically, up to about 10 days before your period it is unlikely.

Why?  Because most women will ovulate between days 11 and 16 of their cycle.  The egg is only viable for about 48 hours.  After that it dies.  You had sex on/about day 21 of your cycle.

Plan B can make your periods early or late, they can be heavier or lighter than normal, you might have some spotting or bleeding, and your breasts might get sore.  These side effects can last for months.

Hope it helps.