Has anyone here ever taken the Plan B One Step and got preggers anyway? I took Plan B 48 hrs after sex 5 days later I started to have spotting to a very light period with a lot of brown/old blood and very little bright red blood. This only lasted for about 2 days and then for about 2 days after that I experienced some occasional brown/old blood streaks when I wiped.

I took Plan B and had an unusually light period (for me). My periods historically have always been debilitating, painful, and very heavy. Here's my story: The date of my last period was on September 12th, 2010. My cycle is usually between 27 and 28 days, and I don't keep track of my ovulation. I have taken Plan B in the past (about 2 other times over the last few years) and experienced very bad symptoms: bad acne, mood swings, bloating; and then a very very heavy painful period which followed. This time when I took Plan B, I basically felt nothing, and experienced no symptoms.

My boyfriend and I had an accident on October 2nd, 2010 when our 'ultra thin' Trojan condom broke while having sex and he didn't feel it break so he completely 'finished' inside of me - no pulling out, nothing - we might as well have purposely tried getting pregnant. So when he pulled out after we were done and saw that the condom broke, it was too late.

I took the Plan B pill about 48 hours later. I started my 'period' on October 8th. This would mean that if I was having my real period, it came in the nick of time as planned. But it was very light, hardly any red blood, and a lot of brown/old blood; I only had light cramping on the first day it came; and it only lasted for about 2 to 2 1/2 days with just occasional brown spotting for an additional day or two after; and then it was gone. I hardly had to bother wearing a tampon because it was so light. This is highly abnormal for me since I have horrible periods every month, and I usually go through at least five tampons a day within the first few days of my period.

Since then I've been feeling tired, I'm getting dizzy-spells, headaches, I'm bloated, I'm peeing a lot, and I have bouts of nausea. I just took a pregnancy test yesterday (October 19th) in 'the afternoon' and it came back negative. If I am pregnant I should be about 5 weeks along, shouldn't it have come up positive by now? Could five weeks be too early to test? I know a couple of women who had vaginal bleeding all throughout their pregnancies. If anyone has had a similar situation please tell me your thoughts. COULD I BE PREGNANT?

Were you okay after all?

Did you end up being pregnant? My girlfriend and I are experiencing the same thing...

Please post to let us know what happened. I am in the same boat :-(

Not to scare anyone, but I recently had a very similar experience. I had my period from November 30 to December 3. About a week later on December 9-10 around midnight, my boyfriend and I had sex and the condom broke as he was ejaculating (we both felt it and attempted to separate as quickly as possible but it was too late). I immediately called Kaiser and ordered a Plan B One Step. I took the pill at about 6:35am, less than seven hours after the incident. I figured I would be fine since I took it so soon.
By December 31, I still hadn't gotten my period and it usually comes every 26-28 days. I searched online and saw that Plan B can affect your period so I figured I'd just wait it out. Thursday, I had a spot of fresh blood in my underwear so I thought it was my period but nothing came Friday or Saturday so I took a pregnancy test today and it was POSITIVE! I called Kaiser completely freaking out. After speaking with an advice nurse, I was told that I most likely am pregnant as the pill might've been ineffective. FYI, I have a 2 year old and I got pregnant with her while ON Depo-Provera (having been on it for 1.5 years!). I was told today my body simply doesn't respond to hormonal birth control. LUCKY ME! Not. Good luck..

The same happened to me. I had sex on October 26th. I took Plan B One-Step five hours later and I ended up pregnant. When I got my ultrasound they told me it was late October when we conceived; I checked my account for the day I bought and took the pill it was October 26th, then found out that we conceived on the last of my high fertility days (October 26th). Amazing! Life happens when it wants to.

The same thing happened to me My husband and I used a condom and it broke i felt him cum in side of me then he pulled right out but it was to late his cum was inside of me and so was part of the condom it was mt 13 day of my cycle i was very upset as to my he would do that and we have never had a condom break. by his request i took plan b 15 hours later we have 2 children going to be 40  and married almost 18 years. my breast and nipples are very sore after 1 week of taking plan b im not supposed to start my period for another 6 days. iam really nerves that i could be pregnant. just wondering how has gotten pregnant after taking the pill

I'm going through this now, took plan b within 15 hours, and about 5 days later got my second period for the month (long, heavy and steady like a period) wasn't too worried since I read that this was common, but turns out I'm pregnant, haven't had my. Ultrasound yet, so not 100% sure it was from then, but if it was I would b 8 weeks, and my symptoms are matching very close to What I would be feeling at 8 weeks

what kind of symptoms did you feel ? I took plab b on the 15 of march , and its now the 16 of april. I experienced some spotting after the plab b which is normal. But i haven't had my period yet. I have lower back pain , breast tenderness , bloating and took 2 tests which came negative.

I'm pretty nervous too. This past Thursday the condom broke and we both freaked out so we got Plan B One Step and I took the pill within 2 hours after sex. I started feeling cramping, dizziness, blurriness, breast sensitivity and tiredness after about 4-5 hours. I know what it feels like to be pregnant so those symptoms were very similar. When I was pregnant last time I knew it after 3 days and I took the pregnancy test one week later and it was positive. So now I'm in the same situation 17 years later and it's not a good thing. I actually took a second Plan B pill yesterday because I was so freaked out! I know it wasn't the smartest thing to do, but I wanted to be better safe than sorry. It's now the 3rd day after sex and I'm not feeling myself. It's probably due to the 2nd pill I took and all the hormones in my body right now. I kept waking up last night with diarrhea & cramping. I have not spotted yet either. I'm still dizzy, cramping and my breasts are sensitive. I'm due to get my period in one week. I sure hope it arrives and I'm praying that Plan B was not a waste of money!   

the condom broke before my boyfriend and i realised and he came inside me. its been 24 hours, and i still have not taken the morning after pill. it has been a week and a half since my last period and i am on antibiotics at the moment for a uti. i have been pregnant before however lost it and am too scared to be pregnant again, depsite my boyfriend wanting to have a baby.. what is the chance i could still get pregnant if i take the morning after pill now? any replies as soon as possible would be awesome..

xxxxxxx

I was in between birth control, long story short, condom broke and I freaked. I raced to the pharmacy the next morning and took the pill. The pill did not work and I still got pregnant. My pregnancy was awful- bleed throughout the entire 7 months. Went into preterm labor and had a 3 lb baby boy.

I got pregnant after taking plan B 36 hours after unprotected sex

I also got pregnant after taking Plan B. Looks like we need a plan C back-up pill.

Did you bleed any I took plan b and my period usually last 7-8 day but this time I spotted one day blood the next then nothing please help