Hi, I had sex for the first time last Saturday. It was a really unexpected thing so my boyfriend didn't have any condoms... We took things slowly and had sex for under a minute because I didn't want anything bad to happen. He did not ejaculate inside me and did not after. To make sure things are safe, I bought the Plan B One-step Pill (single pill) and took it under 72 hours. My period should be coming around this time; I've been breaking out and having mood swings too. It's been 2 days after taking the pill, how do I know it's working?

Hi Michelle,

You don't know if Plan B worked.  You can assume it did if you don't get pregnant but there's no guarantee that you would have gotten pregnant anyways.  You said you had sex last Saturday, so on March 16.  If you expect it before about March 26 then the timing is VERY poor for you to conceive. 

Normally, you ovulate between about days 11 and 16 of your cycle.  The egg is only viable for about 48 hours, after that it dies. 

FYI, your next few periods may be early or late and heavier or lighter than normal.  These are all normal side effects.