What are the best medications for ADD/ADHD? What about Provigil, new drug? I am adult male recently diagnosed with ADD. I have heard lots of stories about the drug and treatment for ADD and I am not sure what to do about it.

The best medications for ADHD/ADD are the stimulants, Adderall, Ritalin, and Dexedrine. Only two non-stimulant first line medications for ADHD/ADD are Strattera and Wellbutrin. Provigil is a new one and it may prove to be popular. All drugs are abusable, so people do strange things with drugs...take them improperly or too much. Normal compliance for any drug today is estimated at only 40%. I know a guy (adult person) who abuses Provigil for example.

I just started taking Provigil for my adult ADD. I don't know why it helps but now I feel rested and I can concentrate quite a bit better. I also seem to be fitting into my smaller jeans. Certainly a bonus for me. That is the only possible side effect.

well i used provigil product since 3 months but it's totally waste my money because i do not get 1% satisfaction from this product.