Is Wellbutrin better solution for ADHD then Strattera? I just have been diagnosed with ADHD and this is the drug that my doctor put me on. I did some reading and I found out that Strattera is in the same group of the drugs as Wellburtin. I was just wondering why he put me on Wellbutrin.

Strattera and Wellbutrin are only two non-stumulant first line medications for ADHD. Wellbutrin works well with some people, although has a proven history of exacerbating epilepsy and can cause grand mal seizures in persons with a history of epilepsy. Some doctors like to prescribe it because it is safe and generally has few side effects. Neither of these seems to be as effective as the stimulants. However, doctors recently have adopted the trend of trying patients on second and even third line medications before considering placing the patient on stimulants.

I have ADHD and I have noticed that Wellbutrin helps immensly better than other forms of medication that I have tried. On that note, it helps in all areas. I was on concerta before and, while I did feel more "aware," it did not seem to help with anxiety and other areas.

Furthermore, I have not experienced any negative side effects at all. I would reccommend your asking your doctor about it.