I used to take ritalin when i was younger but it just kind of stopped working. now i am kind of trying strattera. It does help me concentrate a little bit better but there are also some side affects which i really dont like. It seems to make me kind of unhappy. last week i didnt take it at all and it was like the best week of my life.

What other drugs for ADD are out there? any that work all the time like strattera?

I know a couple of drugs used to treat ADD and all of them are stimulant drugs related to illegal street drugs like dextroamphetamine, methamphetamine, and cocaine. They are Ritalin, and Strattera and Adderall, and Concerta.

I actually think that Stratera is not a stimulant but I heard stories about Strattera causing suicidal thoughts, as well as mood destabilization symptoms like irritability, aggression or mania. In case you get these, the scariest side effects, stop the drug and talk to your doctor right away.

All of these drugs have a potential for side effects. Some people get used to the side effects if they experience benefits on the other side. Also, side effects may subside when the body gets used to the drug.

Any medication you put on your body will cause side effects. I was on Ritalin and Concerta, but I found that both of theses "stimulant" medications only made me feel worse. I was always tired and my mood was so awful that even my mother and son avoided me!
I did enjoy the fact that I quit smoking and didn't gain a pound...but actually lost a few. Strattera is the med that has done wonders for me mood and attention wise, but then again, I became a massive "bunny"! I never wanted or enjoyed time in the sac, but after 2 weeks of Strattera, I was a bunny! Besides the nice "bunny" part, I found that my ability to actually read a page in a book w/o having to re-read became a reality! Super stoked about this med...just hate the dry mouth and vivid dreams.
I wish you luck in finding what is right for you!
Mel