I went to Planned Parenthood on the 25th of october with the intention of getting the Pill.
After going through my exams my doctor said that going on the pill wouldn't be a good idea for me since I have a history of Migraines with Aura,
taking those would put me at risk of a stroke.

She prescribed Depo Provera,
sent me to PP to take a pregnancy test which is required to make sure I wasn't pg,
gave me my dose,
and I was on my way.

She told me that after taking this for 6 months there's a chance of me not getting my period.
Here I am,
almost a week late [I should have started around the 23rd],
and definitely not pregnant.

Here's my question:
Is it possible for Depo to cause my menses to be irregular after only 4 days of use?

Update for this:
Would still like my question to be answered.

I have yet to get my period,
and I'm still curious as to whether or not it's possible for depo to cause a long delay in your cycle.

I have been on the depo shot for over a year now and i do not have a regular period. I have had some spotting so I recommend that you carry a panty liner with you just in case but I have not had any bleeding more then a day. the depo shot effects everyone differently but almost everyone I have talked to stopped their period while they were on the shot.

[i had the depo for 5 yrs. it is normal for you not to have a period at all while on the depo

I have been on the depo shot for over 10years. As the patient information leaflet that is on your perscription of depo, you should read the risks and read the side effects. I have been on it for along time, I am not able to have children so it is the best contreception out there. I have not had a period in 3-4 years. You are supposed to gain 8lbs every year you are on the depo shot. You are supposed to go off the shot once you have been on it for over 2 years, im not at risks for the side effects so i have stayed on it. I have heard for some women that they bleed alot and alot, and others I have heard they dont bleed at all. I only spotted a little bit when i first went on the shot, and would have a period every 2-3 years, and yes your body some how saves it all up and spills it. If you are wanting to get pregnant, the answers to this was at first once you go off the depo shot you will have to wait however long you were on the shot to get pregnant. Now they are saying a month to 6 months before you can get pregnant. Also it says that you should have less of a sex drive and that it makes your boobs smaller. I have not had any of those and actually my boobs have grown from a small 36A to a full 40C. I did not gain the weight at all till about 2 years ago and boom, I gained it all. For some reasons womens bodys can be weird. I now have two side effects from the depo shot. One being that my breasts nipples stay open and do not close, and one nipple sinks in, this diagnosis came from a breast surgeon saying that the depo shot has done it. The other is down in the best womans part, that it does not have enough flexibility, so it tears, I can now go and get a progestrone shot to fix that but its not worth it in my opinion. Hopes this helps ladies!

First of all.. the idea that someone told you to take it when you have a history of migranes is silly since it is a side effect as well. I know, I was on it for several yearas and it caused all of my migranes. Here is what I worte on another thread...
I was also on Depo for several years. I want to go on it again, but the side-effects are just not worth it. It not only messed with me emotionally, but screwed up with my hormones and caused thyroid problems to the extent that I had Hashimotos Thyroiditus (sp) and auto-immune disease. I was very sick and was told if IF I had not gone to the doctor, I may have died. I had been off of it for about 3 years at that point BUT the damage was done and got worse with no treatment.
I also began early menopause.. but with lots of meds and close doctor care I am now almost fully recovered and my estrogen is back up to a normal if not bit high level.

I loved.. absolutly LOVEd not having my period, that was the best part other than the sex was wonderful.... but for hubby and I, we are not going down that road again.... looking for new options now.

Good luck!
Thread... https://www.steadyhealth.com/topics/abdomina-pain-nausea-on-depo-shot&hpr=ABDOMINA_PAIN_NAUSEA_ON_DEPO_SHOT_]

Everyone is different.. after going off of it it took me 12 months to get my period back again and my period has never been the same. It is terrible.

I never have had a period since I started depo over 4years ago

The reason they put you on it instead of the pill is because it doesn't have estrogen in it. Women with a history of migraines have a high risk of stroke while taking estrogen. They literally can't prescribe estrogen to you. It has nothing to do with reducing migraine, and everything to do with no having a stroke.