Hello I was pregnant for 3 months before I had my miscarriage on march 9. On march 26 I got my first Depo Shot I didn't go to get the 2nd shot. On may 26 I started my period and it is still on today June 18. I am having blood clots alot and I don't know if it is normal. I want to get pregnant agian but I have been bleeding to much to try an concieve. Is the Depo shot still in my system and will my period stop so that I can try and concieve. Some one plz help me..

hello, i only had 3 shots and after the last one i had a 3month period so i went to the doctor and they gave me a pill that stopped my period, a month later i had my period for 6weeks and after that i have been normal. go to the doctor they can help.

i would say the depo is out of your system just because you didnt get the second shot.. that would have been when the depo should have been running out and not protecting you against pregnancy, i know that abnormall periods come when you are on depo.. but it will stop eventually i can say my experience on the depo injection.. i was on it for a year at a time, while i was on it i didnt get a period and when i went off it took 8 months for my AF to return and one part there i spotted for a month which had me worried so i went to the doctor and got told that it was completely normall.. depo can mess with your cycle but considering you only had one shot the effects should last too long. they say if you are on it for a long period of time and decide to have a baby its best to go of it a year before because it can take that long for your body to get back to normall.

thank you. your information is very helpful my doctor told me it would be normal but I thought that since I wasn't taking it for that long Ishouldn't have the side effects but I am going to wait a little longer and see how everything turns out thans again.

My doctor said it was normal to experience blood clots but I didn't think mine would last that long because I only took the shot once. thank you for the information