I had an abortion in november 2005 i got a depo shot, that you get every three months to prevent pregnacy, i only got the shot that one time so im still waiting for my period. But latley i have been spoting and its a rusty brown color i got it since june and it lasts five days i would like to know what could it be?

what was the answer ?

:-S
i really cant stand depo they should not be giving it to women.they use this medicine to castrize horses. what the f*** are they doing giving it to women? i took depo to after a misscaraige and i bleed then whole three months i got depo on nov 14 2006 and now its feb 26 07 and i am still bleeding im scared becasue i want a baby and depo is messing my insides up. dont gey depo they need to seariously recall that c**p they call birth control they should call ity poision.

really angry depo last time user

i was taking depo-provera started 2004 had irregular period on and off it was not good because it was unpredictable to know when was i having my period imagin that and as i was taking it on and of i was 90lbs. 2004 by 2006 and now im 115lbs i stop the depo shot on june but i had had to go on october but i said nope beacuse i wanted to have a baby with my husbanim 21 years of age 2007 and my period it started to be somewhat normal last 3 months and regular period but as of October till now i havent gotten pregnant and it's just sad that is taking sooo long pease to every gurl dont take depo is not good knowing that im running eith the consequences i cry nights i wan't to have my family but this shot mess up everything inside me and i dont know what to do only time will say and the only thing that makes me smile that my husband understands me and is by my side all the time.. just please never decide to take the shot is just poison :'(

Depo provera is a nasty nasty shot!!! I would never reccomend it.. it is not worth the risks. Here is my story...
I was also on Depo for several years. I want to go on it again, but the side-effects are just not worth it. It not only messed with me emotionally, but screwed up with my hormones and caused thyroid problems to the extent that I had Hashimotos Thyroiditus (sp) and auto-immune disease. I was very sick and was told if IF I had not gone to the doctor, I may have died. I had been off of it for about 3 years at that point BUT the damage was done and got worse with no treatment.
I also began early menopause.. but with lots of meds and close doctor care I am now almost fully recovered and my estrogen is back up to a normal if not bit high level.

I loved.. absolutly LOVEd not having my period, that was the best part other than the sex was wonderful.... but for hubby and I, we are not going down that road again.... looking for new options now.

Good luck!
Thread... https://www.steadyhealth.com/topics/abdomina-pain-nausea-on-depo-shot&hpr=ABDOMINA_PAIN_NAUSEA_ON_DEPO_SHOT_

Hello!!
I need some help or advice to ease my mind. I am 26 years old. Have 2 children and after my second was born got me first depo provera injection. I was not aware at the time the amount of damage and heartache it would cause now or I wouldnt have had it.

The first injection was in May 2003 and had the last one in Feburary 2007 (was due for it again in May 2007 sometime - NEVER went back!!). Have just started to spot in NOvember 2007 (after 10 months of waiting which is pretty normal for being on the injection for so long) but its of disgusting brown light spotting which only last for about 3 days then goes away for 1 or 2 days, then comes back again for a few more days. I have had 4 of these in the past month and am worried I will never be able to have any more kids. I am getting married in August 2008 and we want more kids but I am scared of what this injection has done to my body.

Is this normal with the Depo Provera. I have also been looking at my ovulation chart etc and I was very interetsed in intercourse with my finace (which doesnt happen while on depo provera - lack of sex drive) but this particular day was intense, it was acted on :) and now this ovulation chart tells me that I was ovulating on this particular day (hense why my hormones were running high)

Can you fall pregnant after being on the depo provera for so long and not having a normal period once you finally come off the shot?

And can the Depo Provera injection i was on for sooooo long still be playing havioc on my body?

When will this stop as it is worrying me cause I want another baby!!

this is a great question. i have been looking for the answer myself for so long. I have been off the shot and am having some irregular spotting. I would love to know if this counts as a period. If anyone has the answer i would love to know. I want to get pregnant but dont know if i can.

Im looking for an answer on one thing about the depo i just had my first shot in feb and i was a size 20 now im a size 15 -16 is that normal my friends tell me im loosing weight to fast is that normal i dont no what to do

Guest wrote:

:twisted:

really angry depo last time user

Doctors don't routinely give this medication to women who still want children or find infertility an acceptable, if small, risk. They also usually recommended the implant form of delivery for women who have not tried it before as that is removable. If unacceptable side effects are experienced they should stop when it is removed.

I find it invaluable as I cannot tolerate oestrogen, and the progesterone only mini pill is not reliable on its own. It has been approved by the FDA and governmental bodies in other countries, so I think your concerns could have been addressed by any GP worth his or her salt

I used Depot Provera for 12 years. Typically during the first 3-6 months, the period is spotty (rusty), abnormal (comes and goes), but usually light. If you aren't aware of this, it can be a little startling.

After 3 months, I didn't have a period. This is know as ammenohrea and a typical side affect of the drug once you get passed the irregular period. This is the part of Depot I enjoyed..no pain, no mood swings, and no pregnancy. I stopped taking Depot Provera last May and it has taken me almost a year to get my period back, which seems odd since if you miss the shot by a week or two, you are required to have a pregnancy test before the doctor will adminster another shot.

I have read horror stories about women trying to get pregnant after Depot. I have also heard about potential weight gain (however I did not gain any weight). As for the pregancy issue, I will cross my fingers, but I wish I had been more informed before using the drug so I could have considered all my options. I'm 37 and I want children.

okay for one to all these people complaining about the depo shot and complaining about not have a period very soon after you get off the shot...in fact it states THAT AFTER YOU GET OFF THE SHOT IT WILL TAKE UP TO A YEAR FOR YOUR PERIODS TO COME BACK TO NORMAL! You can still be able to have children after you start. I am 17, I have one child and have been taking it for almost a year. It works. Get over yourselves.

I have been on depo for almost two years. i wish i was some of you women because i spot for a whole entire MONTH! after reading all of your posts, im scared to go back and get my shot on the 20th. im still young (18) and i want to eventually have a family but now i am unsure of the possibilities of this happening.

on march 20th, i started spotting as usual, like i said it happens for a whole month, usually right before i have to go get my shot. but a week later it stopped which was totally weird. now today i started spotting again, but it never stops for a whole week and i just dont know whats going on. any advice?

I was on the shot for 4 -5 years, and like the others I enjoyed not having a period at all, then I started doing some research online and read about the risk of weak bones and other things. I then decided to go on LE 24 and after being on that for 3 months I had my first period in years. I was on it for 1 1/2 years. went off the LE 24 and became pregnant not long after.

While I was pregnant I ended up having gestational diabetes. When doing some research online about it I did find some things trying to link the previous use of depo.

We have decided no more kiddos for us so my hubby made things final, but you still have to be protected for 3-4 months so I decided instead of worrying about pills again I would just get 1 depo shot and be done with it and that was March 26th, and I have not stopped spotting since. Luckily this will be my last and final time with all that hormonal junk in my body. As much as I love not having a period, that is the ONLY advantage on the shot. Too much other risk involved.

I had two D&C's done last year. The Doctor said I can get pregnant after the secondD&C. for three months I did not get regular period. very light on and off. I finally went to see the doctor in April and told him my situation. I really want to get pregnant. He put me on Medroxpr. AC 10 mg. told me to take it for 10 days and on the 5th day of my period take the Clomiphene until the 9th. Well 10th days passed by after taking Medropxpro.. the 12th day I got very very little spotting and the 13th day the spotting is rusty color? Is this normal. Do I consider spotting to be day one. I travel a lot and want to make sure, I am home the days I am taking clomiphene.

I first got on the shot in 2004, and was on it for a year. I wanted a baby so baby after I was off the shot, but it did not get pregnant until 2006.

So you can get pregnant after you use the shot, it just take time.

I have a question, I have now had a second child and is currently on the shot. I have been on the shot since my six week visit. I began bleeding in Feburary and it is now June, am I ok?
I have been asking my self that so much, I talked to my doctor and they said it was a nothing they could do.