What are recommended dosages for meloxicam? I took two tablets of mobic 15 mg yesterday and the day before yesterday. I suffer very bad back pain and have to take pain killers every day. I have heard that mobic is very powerful and I really needed something more powerful than Tylenol.

You should not take more that one 15 mg tablet of mobic per day. Also you should not have started to use this medication without doctors advice. This drug is powerful anti-inflammatory medication but is not an over-the- counter. I know how bad chronic back pain may be but these drugs do not heal it, just treat the pain temporarily and destroy your stomac. I have bad experience with mobic so recommend you not to take it without doctors prescription.

If you take Mobic the package states that 15mg is max per day. More is not more beneficial in this case. Also, if you use mobic (meloxicam) then don't use any other pain killers (including tylenol, vicodin, percocet, aspirin, ibuprofen, etc.) because they conflict. The meds compete for the bonding pain receptors and neither really wins. You end up wasting the meds and receive nearly no benefit compared to what you should have.

So it's not a pain killer

Is meloxicam 15 mg a pain kille

No its not a PAIN KILLER. Its an NSAID- an anti inflammatory prescribed mainly for osteoarthritis in patience with some very serious side effects so I would not take it and I live with chronic back pain daily.

You are incorrect about the don't use anyother pain killers i.e. percocet vicodin etc. This is often prescribed in conjunction with opioids.

Whoever said mobic and tylenol and vicodin compete at same receptors and somehow negate each others effects was simply wrong. You should probably not take two NSAIDS at the same time as he GI side effects can be deadly but the only pain killers in this group that work at pain receptors is the hydrocodone in vicodin (the mu receptor). True mu agonist drugs can be safely given with any NSAID. Tylenol is neither an opiod nor an NSAID. It does not compete with opiods and is often given with them in fact, in the same pill. It does not contribute to any GI side effects. It is liver toxic at large doses or if taken for prolonged periods or if taken with other liver toxic drugs like alcohol

I was told during a pharmacy consultation to ONLY take it with Tylenol NOT Ibuprofen or aspirin, for example, because of the blood thinning properties. Therefore, taking with other opioid-based drugs would be okay, as long as they do not contain blood thinning agent. For example, one cannot take Cymbalta (for depression, etc) with Molixicam/Mobic.

You are wrong. You may take tylenol with mobic. Two different things.

does this take awhile to do any good?  I have been taking meloxicam for about a week and it's doing NOTHING.  I was on diclofinac and it worked immediately on my arthritic knees.  any advice?

Exactly what I was going to say as well. My mom is prescribed meloxicam along with pain meds.

For what it's worth, took 30 mg of mobin last night. Inflammation (pain) almost gone entirely. Got pretty good night sleep. Awoke, had a glass of water and ouch! My stomach. It hurts. Seems like there is a reason 15mg is the max.

take meloxicam 15mg. a day but get your doctor to give you also some ;gabapentin' 300mg and you can also take ;oxycocet' 6 per day as I do. It works if you take these three.

I had a pharmacist call me to inform me that these two drugs do negat each other. But my doctor said not true so I don't know?