Hi everyone. Recently I saw a rheumatologist and he diagnosed Rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia. Almost every week for several years now, I have at least one or two nights when I am awake because of the incredibly painful leg cramps. My treatment is Vicodin 10/660, 2 every 4-6 hours and Mobic when I really need them at night. Is taking Vicodin and Mobic safe?

Vicodin is a combination of a narcotic and a non-narcotic used to relieve moderate to severe pain. Hydrocodone, one of two active substance of Vicodin, may be habit-forming. Mobic belongs to a class of drugs called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID) and it works by reducing hormones that cause inflammation and pain in the body.

That does not answer the question.

You shouldn't take them together, it is not determined to be safe OR unsafe. At your own risk, basically. Obviously you can put a strain on your liver and increase chances for gastric/stomach ulcers, so it is best to alternate the two just like you would with motion and Tylenol to break a fever. Let one metabolize partially before taking the other. 4 hours minimum between NSAIDS and Opioids is probably best.