I have strong back pain and tension headaches. My job is very stressful so sometimes I like to relax with a drink or two. But, last time I went to a doctor (pain was even more severe), doctor prescribed me with acetaminophen. Problem is, I do not know if I can take alcohol while I am undergoing therapy with acetaminophen. Do you know something about that?

Unfortunately, I have to disappoint you. You cannot combine acetaminophen and alcohol. Reason for that is in the fact that pain killers react via CNS and creates a depression of CNS (the same thing alcohol does), so there is a clear answer why these two should not be taken at the same time. If you have any extra doubts, please consult your doctor.

Most of you seem to have a very bad case of hypochondria. Liver or kidney toxicity is not something you need ever consult tylenol's manufacturers about as an occaisional user. One: you have a chronic condition for which your physician has taken care of all these concerns before issuing your medication or two: you have a bit of the toothache (like me) or an attack of the monthly's in which case you are perfectly fine to swab down any two of the following every four hours with a glass of water: ibuprofen 250 mg, acetominophen/paracetamol/tylenol 500 mg, acetylsalycilic acid/aspirin 300-500 mg. Some of these tablets even come in combination with codiene/dihydrocodiene as a nsaid/opioid screwball. Eg 500mg paracetamol and 8 milly of codiene combo. I wouldn't try it with tylenol but if you can get hold of aspirin and codiene pills state-side then with some coffee filters boiling water and a fridge over-night you can very easily get the codiene out in solution, leaving the aspirin and sodium metabisulphate filler behind. If you get say 80mg codiene solution out of 15 tablets then drinking that down will taste bitter but that's how you know its worked. If the first swig tastes sharp and sour then you have left too much aspirin in. Repeat.