I have osteoarthritis for years now, and I have been trying many different medicines. However, my doctor prescribed me Mobic on my last check up. I have never been using this medicine so I am a little bit skeptics. Can you tell me something about this drug, since I have this prescription, and I have to buy it? What kind of drug is Mobic, and how does it works?

Mobic is in a class of drugs called nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. This medicine works by reducing hormones that cause inflammation and pain in the body. Mobic is commonly used to reduce the pain, inflammation, and stiffness caused by osteoarthritis. Contact your doctor if you experience bloody, black, or tarry stools, blood in your vomit, and swelling or rapid weight gain, which is caused by fluid retention. Things you should pay attention are also unusual fatigue or weakness, yellowing of the skin or eyes, excessive itching, flu-like symptoms, or abdominal pain or tenderness. These symptoms could indicate serious side effects, and it requires doctor’s check up. It is important to know that if you drink more than three alcoholic beverages a day, Mobic may increase the risk of stomach bleeding. Other, less serious side effects may be more likely to occur during therapy with Mobic. If any of these happens, you should continue to take Mobic, but talk to your doctor of this. Some of those less serious side effects are dizziness or headache, flatulence, diarrhea, constipation, nausea, vomiting, upset stomach, heartburn, or indigestion.