Hi, I suffer from RLS after taking SSRI for treatment of depression. Are tremor and sudden movements related to serotonin activity?

Hi, I also have restless leg syndrome, which gets aggravated after taking Zoloft. I was prescribed with Zoloft two years ago, when I first experienced severe depression symptoms. Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor slow the process by which serotonin is retaken by nerve cells that have made it. So, the total amount of serotonin in the body is increased and can lead to stimulation of other nerve cells. Over stimulated nerve cells in the legs can cause RLS. I even tried Paxil and some other antidepressants, but there was no difference in response. I still can get free of a tingling and creeping sensations in the legs and urge to move the legs to relieve the feeling.